Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2007, 04:10 PM

Default 10NL folding JJ PF?

Is this weak-tight? Or is it a good fold considering the reraise and player still to act behind me?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($7.15)
MP ($9.70)
Hero ($9.85)
Button ($9.45)
SB ($1)
BB ($9.90)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $0.3</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls $0.90, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $2</font>, Hero folds
Old 03-09-2007, 04:13 PM

Default Re: 10NL folding JJ PF?

No way am i folding JJ like this to a minraise, you could probably call just for set value! lol, remember this is 10NL....
Old 03-09-2007, 04:14 PM

Don't fold here. Without reads, I'd call and see what the flop brings. Unfortunately, you're gonna go broke here a number of times if the flop comes all low cards. Still, don't give UTG's min-re-raise that much credit.

In the future, look at the Villain's stack and look at your position: if he's got a lot of chips and if you're in position, it's all good.
Old 03-09-2007, 04:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Unfortunately, you're gonna go broke here a number of times if the flop comes all low cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I thought. I probably would have called if the BB hadn't flat called a 10BB reraise and is still to act after me... I figured at least one of them was probably on a higher PP.

[ QUOTE ]
In the future, look at the Villain's stack and look at your position: if he's got a lot of chips and if you're in position, it's all good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does this still apply when I'm committing myself to putting in 20BBs preflop with an active player still to act behind me? I appreciate that this is 10NL so realistically they could have pretty much anything, but I'm trying to improve my game now before I move up so that I don't fall into bad habits due to opponents playing anything most of the time.

Cheers.
Old 03-09-2007, 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does this still apply when I'm committing myself to putting in 20BBs preflop with an active player still to act behind me?

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on reads and stack sizes. Given that BB just called, you're gonna see a call many times here. So you're getting 5:1 on your pre-flop call which is good enough to call here.

If you have a read that UTG is a bad player who raises with garbage, feel free to raise on the button and push the BB out of the pot. UTG is short-stacked and may push, but that's usually a good result.

The safe play, however, is to call. I don't think there's ever a time to lay down JJ here. One exception would be if BB raised and UTG re-raised: at that point, someone my have you beat.

Still, JJ is a good hand, especially in position.
Old 03-09-2007, 05:41 PM

Ok that makes sense, cheers.