Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2007, 03:32 PM

Default F U Amazon

I wanted item A and purchased items B and C to get my free shipping. All the items were in stock and supposed to be here in under a week. Ok.

Items B and C arrived and no A, what I actually wanted. I got an email the next day saying it was going to be a month for me to get that, but I could cancel the order if I wanted.

WTF?? It was not said to be out of stock when I ordered, and I have the email to prove that it was supposed to be sent on the 3rd and here no later than the 8th. I would cancel my order except then I'm stuck with these 2 things that I didn't really want in the first place. I feel like amazon has really screwed me over now and I'm unhappy about it- can I expect them to do anything to fix the situation, like give me a credit for a future purchase or something? It seems like every time I shop with them they [censored] me over. Anyone had a similar experience and did it get resolved?
Old 03-09-2007, 03:34 PM

Default Re: F U Amazon

Get drunk and call [Amazon].
Old 03-09-2007, 03:39 PM

I'm just curious- does everyone have an awful experience with amazon or does it actually work well for some people?
Old 03-09-2007, 03:40 PM

Should I call the waaaaaaaaambulence?
Old 03-09-2007, 03:40 PM

Amazon blows and they do this [censored] all the time to me. If you're getting books, use Alibris if you can, they're legit and much cheaper than Amazon anyway.
Old 03-09-2007, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm just curious- does everyone have an awful experience with amazon or does it actually work well for some people?

[/ QUOTE ]work good for me. One time the package didn't get delivered to my door, even though it was shown as delivered (they delivered it to the wrong apartment or something) and amazon just sent me another copy of the dvd i didn't receive.
Old 03-09-2007, 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] amazon

Long shipping waits are a fact of life, especially when you use super saver. The three months or whatever when I had free amazon Prime were wonderful.
Old 03-09-2007, 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] amazon

Long shipping waits are a fact of life, especially when you use super saver. The three months or whatever when I had free amazon Prime were wonderful.

[/ QUOTE ]

At first I read this as you wanted 3 months for your free package to get there...so you liked prime but not enough to continue, is that what you're saying?
Old 03-09-2007, 03:45 PM

And for the record I'm not an idiot- when I made the purchase it was in stock and I got a confirmation email saying it would be here in a week. When the week passes and then I receive an email telling me it'll be a month I think I have a right to be a little bit confused and upset.
Old 03-09-2007, 03:47 PM

I have prime and it's worth every penny. I get everything at amazon and it's always at my door two days later.