Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2007, 01:28 PM

Default WTF @ Absolute checks?

I have received 3 in the past month. First one was from Chexx and was in English. Fancy. Last 2 were from germany in weird airpost envelopes and a bunch of german everywhere. on the check it bold it said US DOLLARS which I got a kick out of. First one cashed (to a young girl at the bank) and she didn't care. Just now I cashed with an older bitchy woman who was asking me a lot of questions- where did you get this? who is it from?

Ok...can they do that? I mean, SHOULDN'T they deposit anything that remotely looks like a check into my account and then if it doesn't clear, it doesn't clear. There isn't any reason to ask me all these questions, is there?

My other questions is what I should tell her? From a german company? Relative? Poker site? She asked where I got it and I said in the mail. She said it looked German and I said yes, and told her they cashed one earlier in the week, no problem. She then gave me a look, stopping talking, and printed my deposit slip.
Old 03-09-2007, 01:50 PM

Default Re: WTF @ Absolute checks?

[ QUOTE ]

My other questions is what I should tell her? From a german company? Relative? Poker site? She asked where I got it and I said in the mail. She said it looked German and I said yes, and told her they cashed one earlier in the week, no problem. She then gave me a look, stopping talking, and printed my deposit slip.

[/ QUOTE ]

The questions are totally standard. More than anything else they are watching out for you, trying to make sure you don't get scammed by a bad check. Partially to cover their ass too.

What you say is "Its a legitimate check."

If they continue, say "Its a legitimate check from a source I trust. Please deposit it."

If you get to know the people at your bank this won't happen anymore, but if you don't its standard. That is all.
Old 03-09-2007, 02:12 PM

Default Re: WTF @ Absolute checks?

I have received three of the German checks so far. I just deposit them in the ATM machine. That way there are no nitty old hags to deal with at the bank, and I have not had any problems whatsoever.