Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2007, 01:15 PM

Default What is your Razor\'s Edge

I came across a reading the other day by Bob Proctor who is a motivational and goal reaching guru. Anyway, his quote was "The line which separates winning and losing is as fine as a razor's edge." He then goes on to give examples of what served as the "Razor's Edge" for various successful people such as Vince Lombardi, Henry Ford, and Thomas Edison.

The basic premise is that once you identify that Razor's Edge for yourself, it will be enough to put you over the top in your chosen endeavor.

This got me to thinking what my Razor's Edge is and I have come to the conclusion that it is to Think More. At the table and away from the table I need to think more about decisions.

I was just curious as to what other poster's here felt was their "Razor's Edge" that will catapult them to the top of their own poker game.
Old 03-09-2007, 02:14 PM

Default Re: What is your Razor\'s Edge

I have two.

One is not giving up. Some people get lucky out of the gate, like Bill Gates. Others, like Edison had to arduously try thousands of different filaments and glass thicknesses to perfect the lightbulb. Most of us will find ourselves inbetween as far as necessary perseverence.

The other is trusting my instinct. It's right far more often than wrong. Not even close.
Old 03-09-2007, 02:45 PM

Persistence was cited in the article as a big one. Read some of the bad beat stories here and some people who are on huge downswings and it is easy to get discouraged in this game. But the upswings are just as inevitable as the downswings you just have to be persistend - and properly bankrolled [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. Good post.
Old 03-09-2007, 02:50 PM

Patience and Discipline are mine.
Old 03-09-2007, 02:56 PM

Old 03-09-2007, 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

HHHHHAAAAAA!!!! That was great... thank you.
Old 03-09-2007, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The basic premise is that once you identify that Razor's Edge for yourself, it will be enough to put you over the top in your chosen endeavor....I was just curious as to what other poster's here felt was their "Razor's Edge" that will catapult them to the top of their own poker game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well IMO you can't possibly know until you've already gotten over the top and have achieved great success.