Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2007, 10:58 PM

Default Re: $15-$30 hand from the Bellagio..anyone play it differently?

[ QUOTE ]
Victor,

You have not read this post before. It has been about 3 years since I have had anything to post in this forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought you quit playing poker? I'm so confused [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 03-08-2007, 11:11 PM

I thought you quit playing poker? I'm so confused

I never "quit" I just did not have the free time to devote to playing or studying poker. If I can't give something 100%, I would sooner not do it.

Things have evened out a bit for me and now I have some free time to degenerate slightly. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 03-09-2007, 12:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I now had AA in the big blind after 5 players limped to me. I raised. UTG now limp-re-raised, a loose woman called from early mid position he re-raised, everyone folded to me.

What should I do?

[/ QUOTE ]

As Clark said Mike, I'm sure that 15 game fits you like a glove. You know AA going 5-6 is far from the nuts.

You play it the same way you would any other lower mid-limit game and expect the same results. You either drag a huge pot with the best starting hand, or watch some lucky fool drag it thinking he's got it all figured out.

FWIW - the guys who LRR from UTG or MP in those games with hands like QJs or 76s make me laugh. Call them down every time and watch them shake their head because they can't believe how unlucky they are not to run down AA. Just once for Christ's sake.
Old 03-09-2007, 01:11 PM

At this limit you need to get in as many bets as possible when holding the best hand, deception goes way down in value. However, smoothing callin the second raise from out of positon against an agressive opponent has its merits if he will raise your flop lead, putting pressure on the lady who has position. It all depends on how you want to control the action with your hand out of positon.

I also think it is important to have a well thought out game plan before the action gets to you for as many default situations as possible. You want to be agble to make these decisons in game tempo as you move up in stakes.

Personally, i probably would have cold called the reraise preflop and went from there. But against loose players or poor hand readers, putting in as many bets as possiblewith the nuts is never really "wrong".
Old 03-09-2007, 03:19 PM

pf is fine of course.

i think you flop 3bet is fine and gets the most bets from weaker pairs like 88 since you string thtem along for one bet at a time whereas they can fold the turn cr.

secondly, if he has kk he may 4bet and then you can cr the turn. or he may raise your turn bet and you can 3bet. of course, if the turn was ten thru k i wouldnt be reraising.