Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2007, 09:15 AM

Default QTo on the Btn

Just TWO (just to keep DrM off my ass [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] ) hands today and I'll likely won't be able to respond before tomorrow evening.

I think this whole hand is messed up. Villains are all semi-loose passive, however, they DO bet this flop without an ace. I've been told previously that calling such bets as this flop is just a sure way to lose money against such players, however, I've payed more attention to what they actually bet here, and they do bet more than just TP.I'm not sure if they bet a 5, but quite likely a T.

Paradise Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero calls, SB completes, BB checks.

I was debating raising; however, UTGs stats (~20/3/0.7) seemed rather tight for me to have an actual edge compared to his range. So I hoped for the blinds to come along. Still, raise?

Flop: (4 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls, BB folds.

This call is almost certainly bad, I assume? I should have raised to get HU with UTG, methinks.

Turn: (3.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+2 checks, Hero checks.

Mhhhmh???

River: (3.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+2 checks, Hero ???

Are they calling with a worse T or 8 often enough?
Old 03-09-2007, 09:25 AM

Default Re: QTo on the Btn

I fold the flop.

Pots too small to be getting worried about
Old 03-09-2007, 09:26 AM

If UTG+2 can fold on the flop, I'd be more inclined to raise PF to get it HU.

If he can bet Tx or a pocket pair or a straight draw on the flop, I'd be more comfortable raising.

As played on the turn, I'd imagine he'd bet an ace again if he had one, so I'd probably bet the turn.

As played on the river, I really don't think anyone has an ace, but you might get a call from a weaker Tx or perhaps a pocket pair from UTG+2. I'd bet.
Old 03-09-2007, 09:33 AM

raise or fold preflop.
fold the flop.
bet the turn.
check the river, or fold if bet into.
Old 03-09-2007, 10:41 AM

I just call pf, as played.
Fold flop. Bet turn and decide river action accordingly.
Old 03-09-2007, 11:03 AM

Fold pre-flop and fold the flop.
Old 03-09-2007, 11:23 AM

Raise preflop, fold flop.
Old 03-09-2007, 11:24 AM

Grunch

I raise or fold this hand preflop.

As played I fold the flop. Marginal hand, small pot. Bye bye.

On the turn I bet this hand. I think someone would certainly bet an ace in this spot. Furthermore a K or Q could cripple your hand so you might choose to bet here and check behind on the river.
Old 03-09-2007, 11:32 AM

Not raising this hand preflop makes it really hard to play IMO. If you raise and you still get donked into, well, you're still in a sticky situation with middle pair/decent kicker. I would probably still raise and reevaluate on the turn, but this is neither here nor there.

The way you played it, I would probably just fold the flop since the pot is miniscule and there are some overs that could come and hurt your already vulerable hand, but mainly because the pot is tiny.