Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2007, 02:52 AM

Default Fri cbb - ACC action

BC -6, 1 unit. BC really, really needs to improve their seeding. If Miami shoots <40% again they will be crushed.

FSU +11.5. 1 unit, FSU is athletic, can play with anyone, will be tired but I think this number is simply too big. UNC has a bad habit of sleepwalking late in games with leads [MD, BC, etc] and not covering. Also Roy is *notorious* for not caring about winning the conf tourney, but about resting and getting healthy and practicing certain plays for the Big Dance. FSU needs a good showing today to get in at a minimum, perhaps even a win.
Old 03-09-2007, 09:29 AM

Default Re: Fri cbb - ACC action

I really like FSU +11.5 Thorton is going to give Hansbrough a run for his money.
Old 03-09-2007, 09:36 AM

love FSU as well, gogogo
Old 03-09-2007, 01:00 PM

well, not the ACC, but I didn't know where else to put it and I'm definitely not starting a new thread to watch me spew off my bankroll.

Illinois/Indiana u123 bet2.04u to win2u
Illinois ML v Indiana bet1u to win1.28u
Michigan/tOSU u124 bet1.01u to win1u
Iowa ML v Purdue bet1u to win 1.25u

Michigan and tOSU played a very tough drag-out game last week. It's the early morning tourney factor. tOSU's great 3-point shooting of last year has been very mediocre this year. I don't expect either team to light it up.

Iowa over Purdue. Purdue just isn't very good away from Mackey. Actually, they kind of sucked. Iowa is one of the most improved teams in the country and Alford should be commended. Gorney and Looby have the size to really bother Laundry from doing much down low, while Smith can keep up with defensively. Iowa's also really good at protecting the ball, which counteracts Purdue's strength of causing turnovers at Mackey. Haluska is awesome. Of course, if Teague goes lights out from 3-land, Purdue will probably win.

Illinois over Indiana in a low-scoring game is a match-up play. Illinois never shoots well. IU has struggled both times verse Illinois. The Illini perimeter D has been awesome most of the big11ten season (despite Walker drilling 7 threes for Penn St. yesterday). Illinois directly counters the Hoosiers strength well. In addition, Sean Pruitt has really manhandled DJ White in both matchups this year. Both Weber and Sampson love a slow pace...sigh. It will be a wrestling match in my expectation.
Old 03-09-2007, 01:11 PM

like Iowa ML as well, not on it though.
Old 03-09-2007, 01:22 PM

What do you guys think of the money line on Texas Tech. I really think they're gonna win this game. They won the only meeting this year by 10 in Kansas St. and I think coach Knight is gonna have them ready for this game.
Old 03-09-2007, 01:23 PM

Texas A&M ML v Oklahoma St bet5.55u to win1.5u
Oklahoma St/Texas A&M u138 bet2.7u to win2.5u

A&M won the season match-ups 67-49 and 66-46. Just because Okie St beat Nebraska on a nuetral court doesn't mean they've righted the ship. They still aren't very good and don't match-up well at all verse the Aggies.
Old 03-09-2007, 01:28 PM

Mississippi State +150. I jumped on this because Kentucky is pretty good, but they aren't great this year. Mississippi State looked crisp against Alabama on Sunday and needs a win or two to get a sniff at the NCAA. This is a good price to get a rested team over a team that got a revenge win yesterday and may not be able to retain intensity. I may move on Miss. State +3.5 as well, but not at the -115 Bodog is currently offering (I know, open up an account somewhere else).
Old 03-09-2007, 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What do you guys think of the money line on Texas Tech. I really think they're gonna win this game. They won the only meeting this year by 10 in Kansas St. and I think coach Knight is gonna have them ready for this game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm indifferent on it, which is a good sign for you after the day I had yesterday. I think both teams have a lot to play for as K St isn't exactly a lock. I like Huggins almost as much as Knight for game coaching. I admit, though, the loss to Tech doesn't bode well even if it was so long ago since it was double-digits on the KSt court.
Old 03-09-2007, 01:35 PM

Florida ML v Georgia bet3.45u to win1u

It's the time of year that Florida turns it on. The number crunchers have Florida over 81% to win. Though the Gators haven't played great of late, they have beat Georgia by double-digits twice. Plus, Georgia hasn't exactly finished the season well either.