Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2007, 02:37 AM

Default Re: high stakes 3-5-07

I am getting pretty tired of the constant "internet pros own all" type threads/comments. Most of the "name" pros play NLHE as an afterthought in their mixed games. I would also like someone to explain to me where aba's huge edge comes from on High Stakes Poker.. so far I haven't seen him do anything impressive - unless you call agonizing over the simple A10 fold against Paul as imrpessive.

Do not get me wrong, Aba might be in the top 1/3 of pro's at that particular table, but the fanboy threads get tiresome. The guy can't handle his chips and he looked like he wanted to die on the last hand against Erick when he had a weak flush draw w/ two aces on board. What's the hand over the mouth crap - it doesn't work for Hellmuth either.

Lastly, I regularly read about Eli Elezra having huge scores on FT in PLO and Horse so I do not think it is fair to call the guy a complete donkey just b/c he chooses to gamble his ass off on High stakes poker. Does anyone else think that these guys are seriously taking metagame into consideration? I mean Eli and Sammy can probably expect to get good action in NLHE for the rest of their life based on some of these plays.
Old 03-09-2007, 08:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am getting pretty tired of the constant "internet pros own all" type threads/comments. Most of the "name" pros play NLHE as an afterthought in their mixed games. I would also like someone to explain to me where aba's huge edge comes from on High Stakes Poker.. so far I haven't seen him do anything impressive - unless you call agonizing over the simple A10 fold against Paul as imrpessive.

Do not get me wrong, Aba might be in the top 1/3 of pro's at that particular table, but the fanboy threads get tiresome. The guy can't handle his chips and he looked like he wanted to die on the last hand against Erick when he had a weak flush draw w/ two aces on board. What's the hand over the mouth crap - it doesn't work for Hellmuth either.

Lastly, I regularly read about Eli Elezra having huge scores on FT in PLO and Horse so I do not think it is fair to call the guy a complete donkey just b/c he chooses to gamble his ass off on High stakes poker. Does anyone else think that these guys are seriously taking metagame into consideration? I mean Eli and Sammy can probably expect to get good action in NLHE for the rest of their life based on some of these plays.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed, it's easy to criticise when you can see the cards. how many of you critics play for this kind of money? maybe online it's all like some video game to you, but in real life with the cash in front of you i reckon all of you know-it-alls wouldn't think it was so easy.
Old 03-09-2007, 08:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Lastly, I regularly read about Eli Elezra having huge scores on FT in PLO and Horse so I do not think it is fair to call the guy a complete donkey just b/c he chooses to gamble his ass off on High stakes poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the least wrong thing you wrote, and its still very very wrong. Eli is down close to a million so far on FTP.
Old 03-09-2007, 08:54 AM

chalking up sammy's and eli's loose play to meta game doesn't change the fact that they are playing way too loose on the show. you are agreeing that they are playing badly. harman readily admits that nl holdem is not her strongpoint. this game is incredibly soft compared to the games aba plays and beats every day. arguing otherwise is just silly.
Old 03-09-2007, 08:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
TimTim,
I hope that isnt the case, cause I wont be here on monday and on an Airplane and if it [censored] up the recording, I will be mega pissed!

[/ QUOTE ]

Just tape everything before and after it. That's what I'll do.
Old 03-09-2007, 08:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed, it's easy to criticise when you can see the cards. how many of you critics play for this kind of money? maybe online it's all like some video game to you, but in real life with the cash in front of you i reckon all of you know-it-alls wouldn't think it was so easy.

[/ QUOTE ]

A lot of the people on HSP are flat out bad NLHE players and would get their ass whipped by most high stakes online pros. That doesn't mean that they are bad poker players overall, but very few of those guys are world class at NLHE.
Old 03-09-2007, 11:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Can we start insta-banning anyone that makes this argument from here on out? It's so friggin' original. And by original, I mean, not so original.

Look, it's a televised poker show. We can comment, criticize, congratulate, compare, contrast, etc., etc. however we want. So, Nyah!

If Kobe Bryant takes an ill-advised shot, can we comment on that? yup. If the Yanks choke a 7-run lead in the 9th, can we blast the pitcher? yup.

And,if Jennifer Harman decides to just call with the 2nd nut flush on the river against Eli freakin' Elezra, can we argue that a value bet might have been a better play? Not according to the guy with 17 posts, we can't.
Old 03-09-2007, 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You might want to check your sarcasm meter.

[/ QUOTE ]

o yeah because all the flaming of the pros was done in sarcasm? you might want to check your intelligence meter.
Old 03-09-2007, 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You might want to check your sarcasm meter.

[/ QUOTE ]

o yeah because all the flaming of the pros was done in sarcasm? you might want to check your intelligence meter.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice comeback...BURN!!!

Here's another one:

Oh yeah, well, the jerk store called and they're running out of you.

Never fails to win any and all battle of wits.
Old 03-09-2007, 03:04 PM

Did aba every write a trip report? Now that his episodes have all aired he should make a post, cuz he really needs more 2+2 fans.