Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2007, 11:57 AM

Default a few questions

I have played for a shorter while, and have a few questions.

1. First, what is the winrate, for a decent NL-hold'em player? I have read something about 1 bb per hour, but that was probably in live limit. A NL player on the internet must be able to play more hands per hour.
Maybe you count in 100 hands, I noticed something like that as well.

2. What happens with the pot-odds when playing shorthanded. I mean if you for example play heads-up you shouldn't be able to get almost any odds, compared to a table with 10 players.

3. Which startinghands do you play in a 6-table compared to a 10-table and how about heads-up. I mean the fewer the players, the more hands you have to play, right..

4. How about the limits. I play 0.10$ bb (the lowest) to learn, but on wich limits are the players starting to get good. Hard to say maybe, but I mean a decent pokerplayer probably will be able to earn on the fishes mistakes up to a certain level of blinds where there are more good players, and not to much fish anymore.
For example, I guess the 0.25 bb isn't that tough compared to the 0.10 since the fishy ones can afford to play there as well, just for fun.. But like 100$ blinds are certainly fish free, so at what level are there more good players than fishy ones [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I hope to get some response on some pokerhands later on..
Old 03-08-2007, 11:59 AM

Default Re: a few questions

Start by reading the SSNL stickies.
Old 03-08-2007, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Start by reading the SSNL stickies.

[/ QUOTE ]

And work the links in the "links for beginners"
Old 03-09-2007, 03:44 AM

1 is in ssnl stickies

2 doesn't make sense to me. can't help you there. otherwise rephrase. (guess: pot odds is mostly used for drawing. so yes, you will rarely have the odds to call. but remember the fundamental theory, you may still have the best hand with nothing and then it would be correct to bet or raise.)

3 no number, but i guess 10% more whether ur tight/loose. don't know about HU

4 no answer is the correct answer. it's relative. a good player will be a fish to a very very good player.