Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 03:11 AM

Default Lag vs Tag???

OK maybe Im new at this whole thing but Id like to start a post about the pros vs cons of LAG vs TAG. To start off with I am talking about a LAG who is somewhere about 29/22 and a TAG who is about 21/17.

First of all Id like to say that knwoing your opponent is vital and putting them into a LAG vs TAG category is even more important. Im not talking about about fish or donks or weak passive players I want to talk abou aggresive players of all sorts (LAG vs TAG). The kind that make you question your hand...regardeless of most strengths.
The immediate answers that come to mind are
Pros of Tag: very good hole cards, strong value betting hands(kicker). Aggro flop behavior.
Pros of LAG: Very hard to put on range. Aggro flop beavior. Lots of pots with buying access. Tend to make opponents overvalue hands.
Negs of TAG: Very predictable ( not to be underestimated
), slow entertainment value.
Negs of LAG: High varience (Roller coaster of poker). Causes Tilt easily. Bad kicker hands.

Ok these are just a start and I'd like many more responses with explanations or commments on my observations and your own...
Old 03-09-2007, 03:18 AM

Default Re: Lag vs Tag???

- the search function is your friend...

there's a recent thread on LAG v TAG here

please post in that one with these questions. There are also LAG/TAG articles in the sticky (The Essential Selection) and have a look at the SSNL Master Sticky as well for more.

uNL is a strategy forum and is for posting hand questions mostly. This is one of those vaugue general questions and as it's cropped up recently is more noise than signal ATM.
Closed Thread