Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2007, 09:42 PM

Default Re: My poker database has me convinced...

Well, I can't do analysis, because my binomial calculator doesn't go to more than 6 decimal places, and I'm not doing it by hand. The guys in the probability forum have stat packages to do a definitive analysis, and more credibility than me. Suffice to say, these numbers are absolute proof of rigging if OP hasn't fudged anything.

Can someone else check January's numbers (I play Omaha)? There should be approximately 9 offsuit hands (i.e. AKo) per 1000 hands, 3 suited per 1000, and 4.5 pairs. If the numbers are way off, please post.
Old 03-08-2007, 10:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, I can't do analysis, because my binomial calculator doesn't go to more than 6 decimal places, and I'm not doing it by hand. The guys in the probability forum have stat packages to do a definitive analysis, and more credibility than me. Suffice to say, these numbers are absolute proof of rigging if OP hasn't fudged anything.

Can someone else check January's numbers (I play Omaha)? There should be approximately 9 offsuit hands (i.e. AKo) per 1000 hands, 3 suited per 1000, and 4.5 pairs. If the numbers are way off, please post.

[/ QUOTE ]

Given how easy it would be to prove rigging with Poker Tracker(or whatever) and the number of people using it, why in gods name would Party take the risk? You don't squeeze the hell out of your golden goose to get one more egg per day. I would believe that there is an error in Poker Tracker way way before I would buy that Party is rigging. If it were conclusively proven they would be [censored].
Old 03-08-2007, 10:38 PM

There two explanations:

1)Party poker is rigged.

2)You ran hot for 20k hands(extremely small sample).

Hmm.. this is a tough one.

PS. The reason MicroBob is laughing at this is not because hes defending online poker, its just that bad players cant deal with luck in poker, and there is a new thread every other day saying online poker is rigged because someone got multiple bad beats in a day/week/month and they dont comprehend.
Old 03-08-2007, 11:03 PM

Note though that the OP (unlike most) isn't complaining about losing, just that the stats seem way off.
Old 03-08-2007, 11:24 PM

The odds of getting AA 223 times within 26101 hands are approx. 1:10E15. (My calculator does not have enough digits)
In other words impossible.

There are only two ways to explain this:

a) Party is rigged.
b) OP rigged his stats.

Maybe OP could post the raw handhistories, to prove b) is not the case.
Old 03-08-2007, 11:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The odds of getting AA 223 times within 26101 hands are approx. 1:10E15. (My calculator does not have enough digits)
In other words impossible.

There are only two ways to explain this:

a) Party is rigged.
b) OP rigged his stats.

Maybe OP could post the raw handhistories, to prove b) is not the case.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes I am willing to make available my raw hand histories.

To be honest I dont like the idea of giving up party profits if that ends up being what happens but anyway....we're all better off long run if poker is clean I think.

I'm not sure the best way to do it - Ideally a group or Individual respected in the poker community takes interest. Any suggestions would be helpful.
Old 03-08-2007, 11:46 PM

Maybe OP has a filter on and he doesn't know it. Look at this screenshot:

Looks like PT is filtering hands in which hero saw the flop, or something similar, since you're more likely to play good hands than bad hands.