Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2007, 08:07 PM

Default 2 hands

Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $5/$10
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, 3 folds, 3 folds, Hero checks.

Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2.4SB, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3.2BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (7.2BB, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Results:
Final pot: 9.2BB

Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $5/$10
8 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (8 players) Hero is MP1 with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, 4 folds, <font color="#cc0000">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2.4SB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2.2BB, 2 players)

River: 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (4.2BB, 2 players)

Results:
Final pot: 6.2BB

me: depending on the table I m 15/8 or 20/13, so TAG but I mix it up a lot.

Hand1: Villain is 22/8 semi aggressive tricky. We have a lot of history so he s always trying to ouplay me &amp; bluff. His turn raise could be a jack, a semibluff or a total bluff. I cant give him credit so I call down, spew? Against any standard player I would probably fold the turn.

Hand2: Villain is loose/passive on tilt. I just call down thinking I win the max if he has any better ace, TT or is just making a move. I also lose the minimum if he has an overpair or 88,99. I might raise the turn for a free showdown but I dont want to get 3bet. He s on tilt and might just go nuts there with nothing.

Any better lines here?
Old 03-07-2007, 08:33 PM

Default Re: 2 hands

Hand #1 I fold on the turn. You are behind everything UTG would raise here and are drawing dead to most of his likely holdings (straight, flush, set). Of course, your history with UTG may make this a call down, but even tricky opponents don't usually get too out of line with a bluff. You have to remember that the board looks just as scary to him as it does to you.

Hand #2 I might play this the way you did or possibly raise the river. You won't get 3-bet by anything you beat, but a tilting player will call with lots of things that you beat.
Old 03-07-2007, 10:55 PM

Default Re: 2 hands

Hand 1: I'd normally go with a bet/fold on the river, but given your history with the villain &amp; the fact that you can't really fold to the river raise, I can deal with check/call. I would've led the flop with the intention of 3betting.

Hand 2: Again, given the read this is fine. Although if he's tilting that badly I would probably have gone ahead and raised the turn, hoping that he would go nuts with anything.