Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2007, 05:04 PM

Default Re: Jamaica---smoke

tons of people approached me walking around markets and chillin on the beach too...rent-a-cop even offered...

was dirty dirty mcgirt, but still fun times
Old 03-07-2007, 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I had no problem trying to acquire some. It looked like garbage weed so I didn't wind up buying.

[/ QUOTE ]

Spent a month in Jamaica over 2002/03. If you're young and white you can expect to be offered all kinds of drugs a few times an hour when you're in public. Just about all of the weed these people are selling is complete crap. If you want the good stuff your best bet is to ask a non-sketchy Jamaican (maybe a cab driver, maybe someone who works in your hotel) to get some for you. This might not be plausible if you only have a few hours.
Old 03-07-2007, 08:43 PM

Last Spring I went on a cruise and the boat stopped in Montego Bay. We didnt have anything booked and figured we would just wing it. When you get off the boat there are a ton of drivers trying to hustle work. There will also be shady looking characters trying to sell the weak stuff everyone was talking about. We hired a driver to take us to Dunns River Falls which I didnt realize was like an hour and a half away. He hooked everything up-stopped and bought us 2 six packs of red stripe bought a small bag of herb and said if you want more we can stop on the way back. On the way back we stopped in the middle of nowhere at a house he ran in and came out with prob 3/4 of an ounce of killer. Said he paid $50 give me what you want. I smoked a lot of people out on the boat over the last 4 days. He was also paranoid about getting stopped by the cops when we were smoking so be careful they do like to shake down tourists.
Old 03-07-2007, 09:09 PM

Jamaica is the sketchiest place on the planet. Didn't buy any weed when I was there but I've heard plenty of stories. Apparently another common situation is for a local to sell you weed and then go find a cop and turn you in for a reward.
Old 03-07-2007, 09:28 PM

On the Party Poker Millions cruise last spring my friend and I found a dude to give us a small tour for the afternoon. I was really nervous but my friend was easygoing about it. He immeadiately lit up a huge spliff when we were driving and stopped off to get us a bag. Good mids, pretty comparable to what you'd find in the states. He showed us a few sights then dropped us off and was pissed at how little we tipped him.

My buddy then snuck it back onto the ship by crotching it. Funny thing is they pulled me aside (I went on first) and patted me down and stuff. He slipped right through. Got blazed for the rest of the week in the room using apple bongs... god what a great week.
Old 03-07-2007, 10:10 PM

I have a similar experience on hte PPM cruise. You could get some pretty much every 5 feet. We took a small tour, the guy was really knowledgable and is worth it without looking for weed. Of course he offered, but be a little wary as they usually take you to places they get kick backs.

On a side note we saw a guy get busted...a night in Jamaican jail is probably akin to hell.
Old 03-07-2007, 11:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jamaica is the sketchiest place on the planet. Didn't buy any weed when I was there but I've heard plenty of stories. Apparently another common situation is for a local to sell you weed and then go find a cop and turn you in for a reward.

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt that. Where would the reward money come from? They might try to bust you for a bribe though.
Old 03-07-2007, 11:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You will have several people approach you, only buy from the guys who dont ask you to take a ride to pick it up. Best places to find some is at the public beaches.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT.

I'm sorry to say that the weed there sucks, it will likely be a fun experience either way (novelty and all), but the grass is a flashback to the 60's... None of this new hydroponic stuff you are used to smoking in North America..

[/ QUOTE ]

Both pretty right on. Another thing, I know it's "Jamaica" but pay attention to your surroundings. I had a guy trying to sell me some mushrooms, I took a look and passed, but what seemed like 5 seconds later about four machine gun toting cops were all over this guy. I felt like I could've easily been snagged up. If you do decide to buy some, haggle a little bit--be aware of what's going on around you, it's nohing special anyway and I'd highly recommend against taking anything back onboard. Just not worth it, plus its barely a step above schwag imo. and that's if you get the best around.
Old 03-08-2007, 12:23 AM

i have to agree with all the posters trying to keep you from getting your hopes up. i have personally never been. i know a few close friends who went. they bought about 4oz's from some guy they met at a beach when they first got there for about 60 bucks. the stuff barely got them high. later on in the trip they bought maybe a half oz of some stuff that was better. still nothing great. they ended up tossing the 4oz's into a bonfire just for fun before they left.
Old 03-08-2007, 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You will have several people approach you, only buy from the guys who dont ask you to take a ride to pick it up. Best places to find some is at the public beaches.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT.

I'm sorry to say that the weed there sucks, it will likely be a fun experience either way (novelty and all), but the grass is a flashback to the 60's... None of this new hydroponic stuff you are used to smoking in North America..

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA that's too funny.

You be smokin the tourist weed, Son.

Here's what you do:

Get in taxi.
Tell driver you want some weed. Can he get it?
After he says 'Yes', say "Not that crap the tourists get.....I want some of what you smoke." and give him a knowing smile.

He should be able to hook you up.

No good weed in Jamaica.........BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!