Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Are there less party fish than last year?
Yes, definitely 119 53.36%
Maybe 79 35.43%
No 25 11.21%
Voters: 223. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-07-2007, 08:24 PM

Default Re: *OFFICIAL* 2007 Central MA 2+2 Challenge Thread

[ QUOTE ]
I agree on all points, although I am a little uncomfortable about the aggresiveness towards me.

Frank

[/ QUOTE ]

Usually everyone is gunning for me, which is extremely short-sighted, since I have yet to EVER cash in one of these accursed things.

Not to mention, I clean your clocks in the side games, so why the rush to bust me out of the tournament and throw money at me? I'm beginning to think you guys really DO like me! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

EDIT: Oh yeah, hitting Foxwoods this Saturday to take that shot at 75/150, w00t!
Old 03-07-2007, 08:28 PM

Hey AJ,
I will be there Saturday to take yet another shot at the ACT 2 Super at 10AM..What time will you be there?
Old 03-07-2007, 08:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey AJ,
I will be there Saturday to take yet another shot at the ACT 2 Super at 10AM..What time will you be there?

[/ QUOTE ]

As far as I've been told the 75/150 usually gets going around 10am, so probably around that time as well. w00t!

p.s. Haven't decided if I'm going to wear "the hat" and try to play it up like I'm Woody Harrelson in White Men Can't Jump. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 03-07-2007, 08:52 PM

Atlantic trout tonight seems to be looking like spring training for the Central Ma challenge......
Stars private tourney 8pm ATLANTIC TROUT $10
password is supbro

posted in single table tourney forum
Old 03-08-2007, 12:12 AM

I'm in, as long as it's not on the weekend of the 21/22.

Other stuff....

Kilgore has been very gracious in hosting us these past years, and if we're going to have that many more people I think it would a bit much to ask of him.

I vote for the Worcester location. If he wants 5 bucks a head, that's a small price to pay for a hall set up the way that Toro says that it is.

I would also to start somewhere around 11-12. That way, we can get games going as folks bust out, and not have to stay late into the night for the end of the tournament.
Old 03-08-2007, 12:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Kilgore has been very gracious in hosting us these past years, and if we're going to have that many more people I think it would a bit much to ask of him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude's got a pickup, just toss his couch and entertainment center into the back and BINGO-BLAMO! we've got more playing space!

He's got a wife, so we already have snack and beer serving covered (don't forget to tip!) [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

<font color="white">I expect to be locked in a chew-proof cage upon arrival </font>
Old 03-08-2007, 08:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm in, as long as it's not on the weekend of the 21/22.

Other stuff....

I vote for the Worcester location. If he wants 5 bucks a head, that's a small price to pay for a hall set up the way that Toro says that it is.

I would also to start somewhere around 11-12. That way, we can get games going as folks bust out, and not have to stay late into the night for the end of the tournament.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to further complicate, but the Biscee Club is only available from 4 pm and later.
Old 03-08-2007, 08:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude's got a pickup, just toss his couch and entertainment center into the back and BINGO-BLAMO! we've got more playing space!

He's got a wife, so we already have snack and beer serving covered (don't forget to tip!) [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

<font color="white">I expect to be locked in a chew-proof cage upon arrival </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

....sounds like a plan to me, as long as we can toss you &amp; the chew proof cage into the pickup bed along with the other stuff!

As for your second comment....Let's hope he doesn't show your post to his lovely wife, for if he did, I would put the odds on you become a sub-five foot O8 player very high!

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 03-08-2007, 08:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As for your second comment....Let's hope he doesn't show your post to his lovely wife, for if he did, I would put the odds on you become a sub-five foot O8 player very high!

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't threaten me with a good time! I like my women violent, you're only further encouraging me! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 03-08-2007, 09:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I can host in North Attleboro if you'd like.

I have a Friday game every week at Mens Club that would have no problem hosting an all day event running into the evening. I have a huge ring table, a dinky 8 person ring table, and two even dinkier felted 6' tables if necessary.

Let me know.

Either way, count me in. I'll keep an eye on this post.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can the Mens Club accomodate a noonish start?
would they require a fee or just sell us food and beverage?
I'm thinking we would tie up the room from noon to midnight or so.
any limitations on the use of the room?
how mens'clubby is it?? no seasirens??