Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2007, 03:57 PM

Default 50NL: JJ, button MRRs PF and bets small on flop/turn

Villain is 30/20/2.6 after 400 hands, I take some time to think before calling him PF. I also took a long while to call his mini cbet on the flop and his turn but was just too odd. With Villain's line I wasn't quite sure how to play it.

Full Tilt Poker
$0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
9 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
BTN: $50.95
SB: $42.5
BB: $59.55
UTG: $65.50
UTG+1: $10.75
MP1: $21.10
MP2: $19.25
Hero (MP3): $208.90
CO: $20.75

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($0.75, 9 players)
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls $0.50, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.50</font>, CO folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $5</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls $2.50

<font color="black">Flop:</font> 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($11.25, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $6</font>, Hero calls $6

<font color="black">Turn:</font> 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] ($23.25, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $6</font>, Hero...
Old 03-07-2007, 04:25 PM

Default Re: 50NL: JJ, button MRRs PF and bets small on flop/turn

Personally, I'd call and probably call a reasonable bet on the river depending on the card or check behind.

Very odd bets from villain. Villain looks weak, but he could be drawing you in. What does he think of you? If he had a high pair, you'd think he'd bet more on the turn to get you to fold a flush draw.

You can always raise here to find out where you are, but if he pushes back, you're out. Also, if he calls and then shoves a non-J river, what do you do?

I'm sure someone who reads stats better than I do will give a better answer. Take my advice (nit newbie) with a grain of salt.
Old 03-07-2007, 04:31 PM

Call the turn bet. Check river, if he bets big, PSB, I would fold. I call any reasonably sized bet on the river here. Up to 1/2 pot.
Old 03-07-2007, 06:08 PM

Thanks for the replies. I was pretty sure my panic CR AI was not the most +EV play here. Luckily he folded, maybe even the better hand, but I doubt I'm ever going to get a call from anything I have beat here.