Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2007, 02:24 PM

Default Re: Action in Tunica

I've wondered about that 10/20 promotion which they've actually had for several months now.

Is this a weekend only thing? Or can you have a realistic shot of getting the 10/20 going during the week and getting a free night?
Old 03-07-2007, 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've wondered about that 10/20 promotion which they've actually had for several months now.

Is this a weekend only thing? Or can you have a realistic shot of getting the 10/20 going during the week and getting a free night?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was there on a Friday night and they seem to have trouble getting it going... I strongly urge you to call the poker room in advance to make sure they have space for poker room rates. If you look at the bottom of the poker page listings of the site
Mid South Gamming you will see the phone numbers for all the poker rooms in Tunica.

Good Luck, Have fun, Play Nice
Old 03-07-2007, 02:42 PM

That game is real hit & miss. In January during the WPO it ran around the clock I think but normally, in today's world of NL or bust, it is difficult to find players for it sometimes.
Old 03-07-2007, 03:11 PM

January during the WPO doesn't count at all.
of course it was running around the clock during that time.
They also have many games higher than that going most of the time during the WPO.

I'm talking about the 'regular' gold strike poker-room in non-January. The times of the year when there aren't hundreds of extra poker-players in town.
Old 03-07-2007, 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've been playing in Philadelphia, but they don't seem to want to spread anything higher than 3/6 or the occassional 4/8.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gipper-

I assume by this quote that you play at the new poker room at the Golden Moon. How is it? Do they spread anything besides these two LHE games? Any stud action?

I've been thinking about driving over from ATL for some time now, but haven't done it just because I haven't been able to get any detailed information about the poker room/action. Anything you can tell me would be appreciated.
Old 03-07-2007, 03:52 PM

I heard that the stike caps it's $1/$2 NL at $200. Does anyone know if this is true?
Old 03-07-2007, 03:55 PM

Gold Strike 1-2 has no cap. Horseshoes game is $300.
Old 03-07-2007, 03:58 PM

I love playing at the 'shoe but they've only ever had
$1/$2 NL once when I've been there... granted I usually am there Wed-Fri cuz I can never get a room on a weekend while I'm home from school
Old 03-07-2007, 04:10 PM

I am going to be in Tunica April 18-22 and I am staying at the goldstrike. Can somebody give me a rundown of what games are being spread on a normal basis at the Strike and Shoe. This will be my third year playing poker at the goldstrike and it is my favorite place to play. I have played at Trop Ac, Ballys, Paris and Orleans in Vegas and I have always had the most fun in Tunica. Looking forward to being down there again. I may play a little at the shoe on wed. night this year. Thanks for any info.
Old 03-07-2007, 04:53 PM

I was in tunica last Sept. and stayed on the 10-20 list for 80 straight hours, I don't think the list ever got to more than 4-5 (this was a weekend) - so I played the 10-20 at the shoe for the most part - Great Game!