Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2007, 10:46 AM

Default Im a bit lost to say the least...

Ok...went through PT and most numbers look ok...
47 k hands, winrate at 1.42 which obviously isnt good but not completely out of order...
But I compared some numbers to other numbers at this forum (notably one post which had collected lots of numbers from 2/4 and 3/6) and two numbers stick out where I am way off...

I lose 0.27 in BB and 0.14 in SB.
I also only fold 35 % to river bet.

Just to be brief my VPIP is 18.17, pf raise 9.27, aggro 2.81-2.94-1.49 (too low aggro on river?...more valuebetting perhaps. Think I use the free showdown play too often.)

Attempt to steal is 33.14 and steal success is - No flop 35.70 - Fold 16.16 - Ww/oSD% 59.61 - WSD% 24.24 and W$SD% 48.20. (Seem to be doing ok on stealing... or am I wrong??)

Won when saw flop is 38.97, Went to SD 34.88 and won at SD 52.67.

Now I know there are some number crunchers out there who can hopefully give me a hint at my leaks. My own conclusion is that I play ok poker from most positions but obviously play awful out of the blinds and have a tendency to be ok aggressive on flop and turn and then freeze up on the river. I am probably awful at folding on the river. Come to think of it - I am probably quite awful at poker...

So - I would be most fantastically extremly grateful if anyone could give me some general advice where I most likely go wrong...
Yes - I could post hand but my theory is that to reach a conclusion of some sorts I would have to post a couple of hundred hands from the BB to see where I am out of order.

Generally speaking I usually 3-bet against a steal attempt with A8s+, ATo+, KJs+, KQo, QJs; call with Ax, K4s+, K8o+, QT+, JT, , suited connectors JTs down to 76s. Is this generally a wrong range? Obviously player dependant but most of my opponents are in the VPIP 20-25 range and not overly aggressive.

HIT ME HARD!
Old 03-07-2007, 11:01 AM

Default Re: Im a bit lost to say the least...

Well, 1.4BB/100 is >0, so it's good.

What levels do you play? I play 1/2 and 2/4 and

(1) I raise more preflop (pfr around 12)
(2) my AF on the flop is higher (around 3.5)
(3) my river AF is slightly higher, but I also suck at value betting the river and I call down a bit too much, I think
(4) I steal more

With what hands I defend against a steal strongly depends on who steals and whether I'm in the SB or the BB. In the SB I defend less but 3-bet more, in the BB I defend more, but I don't always 3-bet.
Old 03-07-2007, 12:31 PM

Default Re: Im a bit lost to say the least...

These stats are mainly from 1/2.
The last 20 k hands my flop and turn aggression is above 3 so I might be improving...
Im the same as you from SB - 3-bet or fold is the main strategy...