Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 10:48 AM

Default Re: Poker Stars Regulars

Shaz is probably 1 of the top 3 players at NL200, plays 12 tables and doesn't use PT.
Old 03-07-2007, 10:52 AM

pirate peaty -never wants to through down with me, i thinks its cause he knows im just as nuts as he is.
from what i rememver of the nl100 players
THey all tilt, no matter who they are
Athena- if a [censored] fox, she plays ok, but she lets your manipulate her too easy
romanmachine- to nitty, will never through down
Christ- i can always count on getting out of my way unless he has something good
pokerboy-total nit, very bluffable, wait around with his fish hooks.
upay for college- all around solid player, im surprised he hasnt moved up
futuredoc- not alot of history, i think hed good in pos and need to work on playing oop
kamikazee- i think hes sucks a fat one, and im not sure why he plays sooo many tables
berge-i almost always leave the table when hes is there
capaneo- hes a tricky [censored], he makes some good calls, i just have to bluff him less when hes trying to catch me
scorpianfish-solid player, but turns into a station alot
porkie pine- gives me lots of money
omnistaja- decent, pays off my set alot
chipaholic- pays me off alot
blunty- shortstacks alot, never notice much from him cept that he either has a short stack or a deep one.
2paul2- i always say heeeeeeeeeeey paaaaaaaaaly when i see him like in that movie "rocky" and somtimes he responds LOL.
Old 03-07-2007, 12:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I havn't figured out Omistaja and Scorpian Fish yet, havnt seen them do anything that stands out though I have seen Omistaja float alot.

Another very good player is Yeti. Very solid, havnt seen him tilt.

How come every1 is pointing out ABC poker as a bad thing, I think ABC poker is the ONLY way to win at these levels. And just because they themselves play ABC poker doesnt mean they cant spot when some1 is trying 2 put a move on them.

Ohh another tough reguler is Shadwims. Very hard to get him to pay off, Ive seen him make some incredible laydowns. But I guess he's a little more exploitable to bluffs then.

Theres also a few new regulers that Im not sure about yet, like medicated, and Jordi.

[/ QUOTE ]

huh? ABC poker is a sure way to win (if you never tilt) but its def not the ONLY way. actually its almost certainly not the style that will yield the highest winrate. if you mean ABC poker is the best way to win for the majority of players i completely agree though.

[/ QUOTE ]

No i mean ABC poker is the ONLY way to win at these leves. Players at these levels dont fold enough to make a LAG succesfull. Come to think of it i cant think of 1 reguler LAG at these levels. If you ask any higher level player they will tell you they have a very tough time adjusting to lower level play.

[/ QUOTE ]

and that is why it will always be profitable for a good player to play LAG. for one, a good LAG doesnt depend on getting folds, he depends on getting action based on his image and getting paid off light in big pots. he splashes around a alot and is usually viewed as an aggro spewtard because he wants to be, and it goes un-noticed that he nearly always has the goods when the pot gets huge. he's always aware of his image at the table and basing his lines on that image. he also is a good enough hand reader to pick his spots to push people off hands. also non ABC doesnt necessarily mean LAG. postflop is more important than preflop anyway, and i personally make a lot of non-standard plays postflop. im not going to go into too much detail but the way i play allows me to value-bet super thin in spots and snap off a lot of bluffs. the difference b/w an ABC player and a good LAG/non ABC player is that one can sit at a table full of regs and still win at a good rate, and one is breakeven at that table or really close to it.

edit: its worth noting that very few players are good enough at 100NL and 200NL to play such a style profitably and its not really advisable to switch from ABC TAG to this b/c some dude on 2p2 said it was good. but for those who are actually good at it/ have enough experience with it to have honed it correctly it definitely leads to a higher winrate than ABC TAG poker
Old 03-07-2007, 12:28 PM

I see a guy at 50 nl every day for like the last month and a half named Jackk frost. He is super aggressive and always talking crap but he seems like he can read hands really well. He was bragging the other day that he won 1800$ last month playing 50 nl. in 30,000 hands. I do have him as a 3.9bb/100 winner but only have 3800 hands on him. He seems to just get lucky allot. Do any of you guys know him from higher levels or what? He plays 19/10 and is always attacking the blinds and loves to 3 bet. He is constantly berating 14/6 tight passive players calling them weak and telling them he would rather play them than the donks. Some times I laugh my ass off at him but I think he goes too far. Just wondering if any of you guys have seen him around the higher and what his story is.

Meggsy is also a very good player at 50nl but he has been saying that he has been running bad in the chat box. He is playing 18/10 and seems very solid.

ajven is a very good player but I think he needs to loosen up a little preflop and raise a little more.

Dvornick is a very big nit always stay out of his way when is showing any kind of aggression.

Kahrlog is also a set mining nit.

These are all I can think of at 50 nl right now but I am sure more will pop in my mind.
Old 03-07-2007, 12:29 PM

yeah, you have to play in unconvetional ways if you are to beat the abc players, its like sklansky says"you have to win the battle of mistakes" in my mind, its not soo much about using their mistakes against them, Its about playing in a way so that the way they play IS a mistake. but that just how my little mind works.
Old 03-07-2007, 12:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I see a guy at 50 nl every day for like the last month and a half named Jackk frost. He is super aggressive and always talking crap but he seems like he can read hands really well. He was bragging the other day that he won 1800$ last month playing 50 nl. in 30,000 hands. I do have him as a 3.9bb/100 winner but only have 3800 hands on him. He seems to just get lucky allot. Do any of you guys know him from higher levels or what? He plays 19/10 and is always attacking the blinds and loves to 3 bet. He is constantly berating 14/6 tight passive players calling them weak and telling them he would rather play them than the donks. Some times I laugh my ass off at him but I think he goes too far. Just wondering if any of you guys have seen him around the higher and what his story is.

Meggsy is also a very good player at 50nl but he has been saying that he has been running bad in the chat box. He is playing 18/10 and seems very solid.

ajven is a very good player but I think he needs to loosen up a little preflop and raise a little more.

Dvornick is a very big nit always stay out of his way when is showing any kind of aggression.

Kahrlog is also a set mining nit.

These are all I can think of at 50 nl right now but I am sure more will pop in my mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

is $1800 really that outstanding of a winrate for 30k hands at 50NL? surely that game is beatable for 5+/100?

@ daladiesman- woooorrrrrrddddd. basically without giving away too much you just put them in a position where they are uncomfortable and most likely going to make a mistake, and sometimes really fun spots come up where you leave them with no correct decision to make and they have to choose w/e they think the least bad option is
Old 03-07-2007, 12:45 PM

Futuredoc sounds like what you have is a case of FPS.
Old 03-07-2007, 12:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Romanchine - Bad nit, will make bad calls PF to 3-bets where he doesn't have odds to hit a set and then can be stacked if you play him fast on the flop (ie: saw him stack off unimproved with JJ vs AA tonight where he called a 3-bet PF without odds to hit a set and then got it all-in on a low flop). Villain in that hand was TAG. Also lost a stack on the turn to RNGmyAss with JJ vs KK when KK turned a set. That hand he just called an EP PFR and pushed against a turn checkraise - Seems like a terrible line if you're looking to play JJ fast on a low flop to eliminate coin-flipping with AK/AQ preflop but then get it all in when a K hits... Also doesn't 3-bet big enough PF to eliminate odds to set mine.

The regulars I have lost the most money to: Berge20 , bostonhitman, Mr.Smith12

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously you haven't played with me the past two weeks [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Roman is an interesting player. He makes the worst decisions in huge pots, but generally when a line looks very fishy to him. Convince him you are making a move and he'll come along when he shouldn't.
Old 03-07-2007, 12:48 PM

blunty sounds like you got a case of the abcs
Old 03-07-2007, 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Futuredoc sounds like what you have is a case of FPS.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha thx for the advice. im winning at a well above-average rate for 100NL at FR i think but its only 26k hands so i dont think its significant enough to get into a pissing match over. also its not like i go out of my way to sit w/ a bunch of regs and try to outplay them. but when there arent many good tables to sit at i have no problem sitting at a table full of regs because im still profitable.
Closed Thread