Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2007, 10:25 AM

Default Need a flop plan

3/6 online.

LMP is laggy...something like 35/18. He is not much of a postflop folder. He probably sees me as a typical TAG so far.

2 folds and I open with 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], folded to LMP who 3-bets, folded back to me and I call.

Flop J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

What should my plan be?
Old 03-07-2007, 10:33 AM

Default Re: Need a flop plan

Laggy and no folder postflop I would contemplate calling down all the way if blanks fall on turn and river.

If I feel especially brave I might c/r flop, call a 3-bet and fire another barrel on the turn and fold to a turn raise. No turn raise and IŽd check/call the river.
No 3-bet and I fire at the turn and fold to a turn raise.

Obviously the last two lines only apply if blanks fall on turn and river.
Old 03-07-2007, 11:05 AM

Default Re: Need a flop plan

c/c the flop and bet a safe turn is an option i go with frequently given this opponent.

most guys like him will instaraise a ton of hands on the flop, so betting doesn't do much as you are putting money in not really knowing where you're at. c/c the flop and donk a safeish turn should slow him down a bit, or at least keep his actions more honest. this of course depends on what you've seen him do in the past, so prior actions could make c/f the turn or even c/c the whole way down an option(if he's the type to keep betting A5 or something).