Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2007, 04:47 PM

Default Re: Common Situation 10/20 online

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Some 30/20 opens in HJ, all fold to me and I 3-bet in BB with AK. Flop is QT8r. I bet, villain calls. Turn is 6, I check and call. River is 6, I check and fold.

I do this a lot in many permutations of this situation. There doesn't have to be nearly as many str8 cards--as long as there are 2 B'ways that don't match my AK, I still cc the turn.

Sometimes I call the river if I'm stuck/angry...

For any of you who play live, does it make a difference if this were say shorthanded 40/80 live against a typical BM regular?

[/ QUOTE ]

Whats the htought behind checking the turn here?

[/ QUOTE ]

he is just about never folding a better hand, and will sometimes bet a worse one. i am talking from an online, shorthanded point-of-view.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, but then hero check-folds river.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's an easy river call against anybody with fishy stats. But that's not the case here. Still not saying its right...
Old 03-06-2007, 04:56 PM

I like c/c, then c/c sometimes and c/f sometimes on the river. Granted we probably have a lot of outs so betting and getting raised isn't awful, but as PB said a bet pretty much only gets action when we don't want it (with some turn semibluff raises thrown in, most of which other than AJ we will be making a lot of incorrect river folds to when he follows up).

b/c'ing just seems like bloating the pot OOP with little fold equity and some showdown value - pretty damn dangerous.
Old 03-06-2007, 05:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's an easy river call against anybody with fishy stats. But that's not the case here. Still not saying its right...

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a close decision and he's a toughish player, therefore taking one line 100% of the time is a (possibly significant) mistake.
Old 03-06-2007, 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Some 30/20 opens in HJ, all fold to me and I 3-bet in BB with AK. Flop is QT8r. I bet, villain calls. Turn is 6, I check and call. River is 6, I check and fold.

I do this a lot in many permutations of this situation. There doesn't have to be nearly as many str8 cards--as long as there are 2 B'ways that don't match my AK, I still cc the turn.

For any of you who play live, does it make a difference if this were say shorthanded 40/80 live against a typical BM regular?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

he is just about never folding a better hand, and will sometimes bet a worse one. i am talking from an online, shorthanded point-of-view.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok say you had AJ or KJ in villain's spot and your opponent checked to you on turn. You would just check it down? Or you expect that once you call turn villain would give up on river with these hands?
Old 03-06-2007, 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok say you had AJ or KJ in villain's spot and your opponent checked to you on turn. You would just check it down? Or you expect that once you call turn villain would give up on river with these hands?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd probably play my hand perfectly if I were in his spot because this is such a tired, overused line. I'd either bet turn;bet river or check turn;check/fold river, doing the latter more often than the former.

But I am often surprised by how few of my opponents think like me and the more I think about this the more uncertain I get.
Old 03-07-2007, 07:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yes for meta game.

and Re: AJ, I'm not sure I understand. You saying AJ would fold the turn or should we c/c both streets to induce a bluff from AJ?

[/ QUOTE ]
I meant if you'd expect to be called down by a weaker hand, e.g. AJ, and I was wondering if a "typical" player calls down with AJ in a spot like this, making 3 barrelling profitable. But if we're doing this for meta-game, then I'm all with it, and agree.
Old 03-07-2007, 05:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
b/c and c/f seems best.

I also don't mind firing 3 barrells at times in these spots.

[/ QUOTE ]