Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Would you be Heff?
Hell yea! 9 18.00%
no, my sex life is good enough and I'd rather have the rest of my life 41 82.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-06-2007, 08:41 PM

Default Re: LOL Donkaments shirts for charity?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I like the black on red and the BBV signs on back, not so much a fan of the "holla" or the childrens-inc link. I think setting up some kind of website where users could specify their own shirt (i.e. radio buttons for colors/image on front/image on back/whatever) would be really nifty if you're down to do more customization for what each BBVer wants and not just mass producing a bunch of the same style.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would be way into that kind of site, but does one exist? Cause the whole point is to raise more money for C, Inc. Ordering a single shirt is going to run $25-30 on its own.

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming you're down with customizing individual shirts (I don't know what process you're using for ordering and whether that's feasible) it wouldn't be hard to set up a website ez 4 free where users can just fill out a few options and add in their FTP/Stars/whatever nick at the end so that you can cross-reference their order with payment on a poker site.

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem is that it's going to end up costing a lot more that way. For instance, if people ended up ordering 10 of the same style, for a one sided design on one of the 'affordable' shirts, it would end up being $14/shirt. If we just consolidate everything into one shirt/design, the shirts cost less which means more money for charity.
Old 03-06-2007, 08:42 PM

yah i'd get one, i'm not sure if i'd prefer lol donkaments or lol documents
Old 03-06-2007, 08:46 PM

As requested:

Old 03-06-2007, 08:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
should it be el oh el since that's what he said? or is this ok. i'd certainly consider one for the humor of it all.

[/ QUOTE ]

This annoys me to no end. It's LOL, which is what he said. People who saw lawl, do you pronounced NFL "niffle"? Or do you say "en eff el". Both are acronyms. I mean come on.
Old 03-06-2007, 08:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah I was using customink. The most recent one i posted was an American Apparel jersey tee and after all the customization it came out to around 15 a shirt. The ballas care more about quality than price.

Custom ink has a minimum order of 6 shirts so it'd be really difficult to customize for individual posters.

I think best bet is to agree on a design, come up with a number that includes the shirt, shipping, and the remainder a donation. Maybe $30 a shirt with prolly around 10 bucks a shirt going to children inc.

[/ QUOTE ]

If someone else wanted to do a "balla" shirt, I could do the basic shirt. I couldn't afford ordering 100 shirts at $15 a pop. Plus, I wouldn't want the nits, micro stakes guys to be left out because of the price tag.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:01 PM

I like the red but not the shade you have on there, it looks almost magenta or something a little fruity.

Also Mikey, have you looked at Jerzees? Not sure how much they cost but they make a good shirt, better quality than Gildan by far. I think you need to come up with about 4-5 designs and let everyone vote on it. Then depending on interest you can order 1-2 designs and give people a little bit of choice, since if you go hard and fast with one color it might turn some fastidious people off (like myself). Also what is the deal with sizes? Really love this idea, BTW.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:07 PM

Where do I order?
Old 03-06-2007, 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like the red but not the shade you have on there, it looks almost magenta or something a little fruity.

Also Mikey, have you looked at Jerzees? Not sure how much they cost but they make a good shirt, better quality than Gildan by far. I think you need to come up with about 4-5 designs and let everyone vote on it. Then depending on interest you can order 1-2 designs and give people a little bit of choice, since if you go hard and fast with one color it might turn some fastidious people off (like myself). Also what is the deal with sizes? Really love this idea, BTW.

[/ QUOTE ]

customink.com doesn't supply Jerzees.

By designs do you mean shirt/ink combos? I plan on doing that shortly. Like later tonight/tomorrow.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Where do I order?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-06-2007, 09:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Feel free to use my image however you want

[/ QUOTE ]

you're lucky Dan Bright is gone