Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Would you be Heff?
Hell yea! 9 18.00%
no, my sex life is good enough and I'd rather have the rest of my life 41 82.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-06-2007, 08:15 PM

Default Re: LOL Donkaments shirts for charity?

Yeah i can fix that. Im just throwin it out there
Old 03-06-2007, 08:18 PM

i like that one. i'd like grey shirt w/black type and dark blue w/grey or white type
Old 03-06-2007, 08:21 PM

All right, BBV. I assume that _Tank_ has been using Custom Ink to upload pictures. I checked their prices, and if we order in bulk we can get shirts between $6-10 wholesale (depending on how big the order is, shirts used, one sided/two sided). Unfortunately, this means we need to limit things down to one color combination as I don't think we'll have enough interest to warrant two shirts.

So, we need to decide on some things before we choose colors.

1. Do we want to use an 'affordable' T-shirt company like Hanes, Champion, Gildan or do we want to use something like American Apparel? The first three will run around $6 a shirt for orders around 100. AA will run around $8.

2. Do we want two sided? Personally, I like just one side. Two sided will up the price of each shirt ~$1.

3. How much is an appropriate mark up? If we get shirts for $7, I think we can charge ~$15 (including shipping). Shipping is free from customink.com, but I will be shipping these out when they get to my house. So that leaves something like $6-7 dollars/shirt for Children's Inc., although I haven't checked how much shipping a shirt costs these days.

Poll time.
Old 03-06-2007, 08:22 PM

I like the black on red and the BBV signs on back, not so much a fan of the "holla" or the childrens-inc link. I think setting up some kind of website where users could specify their own shirt (i.e. radio buttons for colors/image on front/image on back/whatever) would be really nifty if you're down to do more customization for what each BBVer wants and not just mass producing a bunch of the same style.
Old 03-06-2007, 08:24 PM

LOL, when did I get a custom title???
Old 03-06-2007, 08:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like the black on red and the BBV signs on back, not so much a fan of the "holla" or the childrens-inc link. I think setting up some kind of website where users could specify their own shirt (i.e. radio buttons for colors/image on front/image on back/whatever) would be really nifty if you're down to do more customization for what each BBVer wants and not just mass producing a bunch of the same style.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would be way into that kind of site, but does one exist? Cause the whole point is to raise more money for C, Inc. Ordering a single shirt is going to run $25-30 on its own.
Old 03-06-2007, 08:26 PM

I think you need to have like 5 or six different types or shirts with the different combos, and then take a vote.

Also, I really think a pic of Barry laughing would be much better.
Old 03-06-2007, 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would be way into that kind of site, but does one exist? Cause the whole point is to raise more money for C, Inc. Ordering a single shirt is going to run $25-30 on its own.

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming you're down with customizing individual shirts (I don't know what process you're using for ordering and whether that's feasible) it wouldn't be hard to set up a website ez 4 free where users can just fill out a few options and add in their FTP/Stars/whatever nick at the end so that you can cross-reference their order with payment on a poker site.
Old 03-06-2007, 08:40 PM

definitely in and i also think black on red is easily the best color combo. original picture/LOL Donkaments on the front is good. for the back, i would propose the "BBV" sign language (but no actual letters) and a childrens inc. link really seems necessary and i'm sure barry would also approve a lot more.
Old 03-06-2007, 08:41 PM

Yeah I was using customink. The most recent one i posted was an American Apparel jersey tee and after all the customization it came out to around 15 a shirt. The ballas care more about quality than price.

Custom ink has a minimum order of 6 shirts so it'd be really difficult to customize for individual posters.

I think best bet is to agree on a design, come up with a number that includes the shirt, shipping, and the remainder a donation. Maybe $30 a shirt with prolly around 10 bucks a shirt going to children inc.