Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2007, 06:20 PM

Default 10/20 flopped two pair on scary board

UTG seems fishy. Made some wierd raises. Once on a 389 pot he checkraised me when I was on button with 35...I had 10j...turn was a jack and he bet like $700...I put him all in and he called with 35 and a new flush draw. How is my play on each street here?

10/20 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
5 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
SB: $1610
BB: $2390
UTG: $2941
MP: $2713.45
Hero (CO): $2197

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($0, 5 players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $70</font>, MP folds, Hero calls $70, SB folds, BB calls $50

<font color="black">Flop:</font> J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($190, 3 players)
BB checks, <font color="red">UTG bets $160</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $400</font>, BB folds, UTG calls $240

<font color="black">Turn:</font> J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] ($990, 2 players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $700</font>, UTG calls $700

<font color="black">River:</font> J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] ($2390, 2 players)
<font color="red">UTG bets all in for $1,771</font>, Hero folds
Uncalled bet of $1771 returned to UTG
Old 03-06-2007, 06:27 PM

Default Re: 10/20 flopped two pair on scary board

Checking behind is the correct play. Keeps pot small with crappy board, you get free card to bust him if he actually made a straight. As played Folding the river was correct, but if you checked turn you probably could have called a river bet.
Old 03-06-2007, 07:01 PM

The river might've saved you money since he could've had KQ and was looking to milk it.

Edit: Oh, you said he was fishy/crazy. But with this board, you're only beating AK. Not many other things you can beat. A river fold sucks, but the best play imo.
Old 03-06-2007, 07:02 PM

Yeah fold the river.
Old 03-06-2007, 07:50 PM

Yea thought that river fold was good. I'm more concerned with how I played this hand on flop and turn...FWIW I think this player would be calling my bets with almost any Ax type hand...really think he has AK or AQ here...that said he could be playing KQ like some type of pansy.