Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 11:38 AM

Default Re: Please explain to me why so many people seem to hate Dids

I had words with Dids one time and then I realized I was out of line so I sent him a pm saying I was sorry and that I was out of line and he never replaied back so I am not sure what to think.
Old 03-06-2007, 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I had words with Dids one time and then I realized I was out of line so I sent him a pm saying I was sorry and that I was out of line and he never replaied back so I am not sure what to think.

[/ QUOTE ]

standard.
Old 03-06-2007, 06:09 PM

It's no secret Dids thinks he's smarter than most of the rest of the world. That may very well be true, but it's not true given 2+2's standard demographic. In fact, judging by his posts, he may be in the bottom 10-30% here. That, taken in a bubble, isn't a reason to dislike him. Even someone two standard deviations below the mean could regularly (if only rarely) constructively contribute. However, when someone who's well below the mean thinks he is insightful/helpful/witty enough to warrant a posting volume as high as Dids', that's one thing that can make many regard him as a terrible poster.

But being a terrible poster isn’t necessarily hate-worthy. If that was your criteria for hate, you’d have to hate hundreds (if not thousands) of posters on 2+2. However, Dids certainly comes across that not only is he posting drivel, but that he also thinks his drivel is important. So, he’s regarded by some as a terrible poster who thinks he’s good. But again, if this was your only criteria for hatred, you’d still have to hate many, many, posters on 2+2.

Now, how many posters with the above characteristics are also moderators here? I don’t know if there are any with the above characteristics as pronounced as Dids, but I’m not familiar with all the mods either. So, it’s conceivable that there is a handful like Dids. These posters are probably hate-worthy by some people.

Finally, look at the quality of Dids’ moderation:
1) He blatantly plays favorites. (The whole PokerBoob vs. some poster I can’t remember right now fiasco is a prime example of this.)
2) He rarely returns PMs. Out of all the posters on 2+2, the green (or black) mods should be the most likely to return PMs. Regular posters are under no such obligation, and the reds could very easily be too busy. But the greens should always be accessible. If you review the many threads/posts criticizing Dids, you’ll find a common theme to be that he doesn’t return PMs.
3) Even after years of modding NVG, he still doesn’t “get it”:
A) If you look at NVG, you see three stickys, and while one (the “read and stuff” sticky) may be vaguely ok if you’re moderating a board catering to high school kids, the other two look like they were created by a twelve year old, and are an utter eyesore on this site.
B) Just last week, El Diablo had to correct Dids on the correct scope of his forum. I mean, Dids has only moderated that forum for what? Two years? But that’s completely understandable, two years isn’t enough time obviously to understand the scope of one's own forum.

Cliffnotes: We have a poster many would regard as terrible, but he thinks he’s good. Said poster is also somehow a moderator. Unsurprisingly, said moderator is not good at his job. This makes him a unique target on 2+2 to be hated.
Old 03-06-2007, 06:28 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

tl;dr
Old 03-06-2007, 07:26 PM

jek,

Cliffnotes: You don't like dibs because he is fat
Old 03-06-2007, 07:34 PM

jek,

Well put sir. gg nh k thnx!

X
Old 03-06-2007, 07:47 PM

Hey jek remember that time you got upset at my modding and tried to leverage your ownership of a sponsored forum against me?

That was awesome.

WRT to your points

1- I'm still comfortable with my choice in the Pokerbob vs. BluffThis! fight.

2- I return PMs from people about mod related stuff. I don't return a ton of PMs that don't relate to mod stuff. I've not responded to PMs from people I like a lot more than X-Factor. Part of this is because frankly, I'm not trying to build a lot of e-friendships at this point.

3- My sense of humor is not like yours, and given your interest in 3B, I'm not sure about how good yours is anyway? I think it's pretty silly to suggest that I don't recognize the scope of NVG. In terms of 3A, people tend to ignore stickies, I think my "style" does a reasonable job of bringing them to people's attention, and they fit will in with the current tone of NVG.
Old 03-06-2007, 08:06 PM

dibs,

Now that you are not a super fatass I think you are OK!
Old 03-06-2007, 08:08 PM

Diablo,

Sweet.
Old 03-06-2007, 08:37 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

el d,

what is your cutoff weight for hatred? 261 lbs?
Closed Thread