Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2007, 01:15 PM

Default Re: Results

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Live. You spy AJo UTG and raise, middle-aged Asian woman who is far too scared to be from CA 3-bets to your immediate left, some donkey coldcalls, a solid playing button coldcaps, BB calls, and it's your action.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's say I brainfart and call along with everyone else.

Now it's 5 ways for 20 SBs. Flop is A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. BB checks. What do I do?

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, I bet, UTG+1 (preflop 3-bet) calls, one more call, button raises, BB calls, and now it's back to me. Give me a plan for the rest.

[/ QUOTE ]

So I call as does everyone else. 15 BBs, still 5 players. Turn is the A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. BB checks out. Now what?

[/ QUOTE ]

Say I brainfart again and bet, UTG+1 calls, fold, button raises, I call and UTG+1 folds.

River is a 4. Do I get to showdown?

[/ QUOTE ]

River card is a 5. Oops.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I was actually the button and I had A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. UTG was the second tightest player at the table and given that information I thought he was good. Obviously this hand changed my perception of him. How would you adjust to him?

[/ QUOTE ]

Adjust? I'd just keep on betting as much as humanly possible against him when I have a hand, and I'd rarely bluff. That's generally how I play against all the calling stations at loose live low limits, though, so it isn't an adjustment per se. He sounds like a tightish player who doesn't quite grasp that some pretty hands (like AJo) are actually weak OOP against lots of action. He was probably old and grumpy, and may have even told you to "keep playing those big hands so obvious and you'll lose all your money" (or something equally hilarious) as you raked in the chips.

BTW, why post as villain?
Old 02-17-2007, 09:58 PM

Default Re: Play along with me

(edit: oops, I saw this thread in the digest, thought it was one lonely post, not a whole thread... my comments were more than extraneous)
Old 03-06-2007, 02:19 PM

Default Re: Play along with me

(FOLD FOLD) AJAX offsuit from early position??? 2 bets too me and cards say fold , position says fold,
Old 03-06-2007, 02:22 PM

Default Re: Flop

clearly due to the fact that people love to play face cards pre flop you should fold. You are in (the barrel) horrrid position with three players to act behind you!!