Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2007, 03:52 AM

Default Turn an ace, but is that good?

Villain likes to bet a lot, running at 59/14/3

Converted by PokerGeek
PokerStars NL Hold'em Ring - 0.05/0.10 Blinds (6 handed)

Starting Stacks
Seat 1: UTG ($5.70)
Seat 2: LP ($9.45)
Seat 3: CO ($8)
Seat 4: Button ($2.30)
Seat 5: Small blind ($17.90)
Seat 6: Big blind (Hero) ($10.05)

Preflop: Hero is Big blind with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, LP calls ($0.10), <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls ($0.10), Small blind calls ($0.05), Hero raises ($0.65), LP folds, Button folds, Small blind calls ($0.55)

Flop: ($1.55) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Small blind checks, Hero bets ($1.05), Small blind calls ($1.05)

Turn: ($3.65) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Small blind bets ($1.50), Hero calls ($1.50)

River: ($6.65) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Small blind bets ($3.10)
Old 03-06-2007, 04:27 AM

Default Re: Turn an ace, but is that good?

I think if you plan on calling a river bet here that you might want to take a different line. As opposed to going call on the turn and river why not raise the turn? I haven't been playing for a long time so I am lil rusty. You may still get called on the turn but it will probably go c/c I figure on the river. I don't see any uNL player river bluffing this again (if his bet on the turn was a bluff in the first place). Also raising the turn may allow you to get away from calling larger river bets (if that is what you had planned in the first place). You might get away with raising the turn to $3.50 as opposed to calling $1.50 on the turn and $3.00 on the river.
Old 03-06-2007, 05:18 AM

A riase of the turn is a lot better then just flat calling. First you'll find out if he has real strength or if he's really weak. Do you know what his PF calling ranges are, that would better your situation. But with TP and a good kicker you usally want to advacate raising when bet in to instead of cold calling, because when re-raised you generally know your beat, player dependent though sometimes.
Old 03-06-2007, 06:09 AM

A raise of the turn can only tell you anything if you know the villain very very well. It might also tell villain something.

Played fine. You have gotten your marginal hand to the river relatively cheaply now call. A6-AT are all paying you off here. Too bad if he holds a baby ace or a 4.