Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2007, 02:21 AM

Default Re: Reading people

[ QUOTE ]
What happens when two people like you meet up? Again this is out of curiosity.

[/ QUOTE ]

hopefully they dont cross the streams
Old 03-06-2007, 02:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

One of my best friends is pretty similar to me, we get along so well because we feed of eachother in social situations, and there is a lot of trust between so that the more negative aspects are removed.
Old 03-06-2007, 02:24 AM

Bruiser,

you kind of sound a lot like me, I used to read a lot and rarely talk about myself if its anything important. However I do think a lot of it is observation, my friends often just miss flat out little clues that people give off that I notice.
Old 03-06-2007, 02:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have no tv in my house. I havne't had a tv in my living space in around 6 yeras.

-veganmav

I consider myself really good at sizing people up within the first 5 minutes of talking with someone, I can usually figure out what makes some tick, and how to become quick "superficial" friends with anyone, no matter who you are. Some call this terrible and shallow, and my real friends I treat differently, but if I was a salesman I could sella ketchup popsicle to a lady in white gloves, unfortunetly I find manipulation tiresome and boring so I dont sell. That quote posted above is what prompted this post, I read it w/o looking at the username, but had a good idea on the type of person who would use the word living space in that context (and I was right on.) Id like to use this thread to finetune my abilities, as Im sure some older guys have more insight. Please dont start a flamer thread calling me a dbag for being manipulative etc, I dont care, everyone is useful, its a matter of making them do what you want.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know exactly where you're coming from. I do it to such an extent that sometimes I wonder if some of my relationships are really "real" or if I only take part in them because subconsciously I know that I have something to gain from the other person.

It comes so naturally and with a ridiculously wide variety of people.
Old 03-06-2007, 02:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You know this smile:

[/ QUOTE ]

mmhmm, yes, I know where you are going with this and, yes, I know it well and have experienced it many a time!

[ QUOTE ]
the strenuous contraction of circumoral fascia w/ incomplete zygomatic involvement

[/ QUOTE ]

o wait, what
Old 03-06-2007, 02:37 AM

HAHAHA! thats exactly what I did.
Old 03-06-2007, 02:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

One of my best friends is pretty similar to me, we get along so well because we feed of eachother in social situations, and there is a lot of trust between so that the more negative aspects are removed.

[/ QUOTE ]
no no I don't mean buddies and stuff. I mean like let's say you go to a party and start talking to someone. He or she does the same thing you do...mimicking, acting in a way that the other person will like you because you do things they like...of course any time you talk with someone I assume something has to be genuine...but taking it to an extreme, what happens when two people are being manipulative instead of genuine?
Old 03-06-2007, 03:10 AM

when i first met bruiser i assumed there would be a friendly "oh hi im chuddo nice to meet you" and shake his hand.

what actually took place was "hey whats..." then bruiser coughs in my face and wanders off.
Old 03-06-2007, 03:10 AM

You should have wrestled him.
Old 03-06-2007, 03:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
WhoIam, what are some examples of things you are able to predict about a person after knowing them for a short time period? Also could you please elaborate on how this helps you pick up sloots.

[/ QUOTE ]
I can usually figure out their outlook on life, insecurities (really good at this for some reason), and self image, even if our conversation had nothing to do with these. I might get a flash of what someone was like in high school or that they'd often rather stay home by themselves on a Saturday night or that their mother was the dominant one in the family. I know if someone views themselves as morally or intellectually superior to me, or if they're concerned about how they're coming across because they don't think they're as cool as I am. If you've ever listened to Dr. Drew's radio show, I'm making reads similar to what he's doing.

Before I get to the chicks, I just want to say that I can't explain how I figure this stuff out, I just know it. There's no conscious aspect to it. This intuition drives other things in my life too. My friends are always annoyed that I can't explain how to drive from point A to point B because when I'm making the trip, I just know where to turn and which ways to go.

When I meet a girl, I'll know what kind of approach to use. With some I'll take an arrogant teasing approach and with others I'll be more playful or even just start out making small talk. I'll also know when and how to escalate. Some girls need to be sweet-talked and romanced before you can kiss them while others will go wild if you grab them by the wrists and throw them against the wall. The latter kind is much more common than you would think. If you can tell that a chick is sexually submissive, she'll probably [censored] you if you do something ballsy and dominant like that because so many guys just pussyfoot around the issue of kissing a girl and she figures they'll be the same way in the bedroom.

I like to look for girls who are smarter than average and have a feisty side to them. I can often pick them out just by observing a bunch of people. I'm pretty sharp and there's nothing I find sexier than a good verbal sparring match with sexual undertones.

I'm just good at gaging a girl's state and knowing how into me she is. Of course, without decent game I wouldn't get far. This was my problem for a while. Knowing a girl's into you and then following her around like a lost puppydog isn't going get you a good result.

The only problem I have is that I'll often eject really quickly because I can tell the girls aren't that into me. If I barreled through a little more, I probably would have had more successes in these situations.