Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 12:52 AM

Default Re: SnGPT vs SnGWiz vs SpadeICM

I like SNGPT because it loads quickly and i've had it a long time and am used to it. I like SNGWIZ because it's pretty, understands complex situations and has a bubble trainer in it. The trainer, however, is in text-format instead of a drawn table and cards.

At first I thought this post was a subtle advertisement for Spade ICM. I never heard of it before so I downloaded the trial. The first thing I noticed is the bubble trainer which looks great, and is even skinnable, but the stack sizes suck because they don't add up to standard chip stacks and makes unrealistic situations. There were many bubble situations where everybody had <300 chips.

It also has bugs importing HH's (I tried Pokerstars). Often players had 0 chips so I couldn't evaluate if the calculations were accurate. You might have some bugs to work out there.
Old 03-06-2007, 12:59 AM

I've always avoided this in the past, cause I was running bubble trainer and some people could have thought it was just competitive bickering...

but one thing that's always bothered me is that the dude who made SNG Wizard has never identified himself (to my knowledge). Every time it comes up he brushes it off with something like, "I don't have that many posts, not that well known." As a programmer, I'm usually either damn proud or damn ashamed of my work. I wouldn't try to get people to pay for something I was ashamed of...so you can bet that people will know that I made something.

Could just be personality differences. I'm a leo, and a particularly arrogant one at that. Still, I'd like to know where my money is going.

As far as the products go, you probably can't really go wrong with any of em...in my mind SNGPT is the classic, the most trusted (eastbay has that stuff down perfect and is excellent with support). And plus you're helping out a dude who is a great guy (according to everyone who's met him) and has given a ton of help to the community over the years. I don't have any clue who these other guys are and that bothers me more than a little bit.
Old 03-06-2007, 01:38 AM

I've think you've been given the info you need. If not, check out this thread.

STT Software - Review
Closed Thread