Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2007, 10:45 PM

Default Re: The Well: curtains 3/2/07

Hi Curtains,

A few questions:

1)How many tables do you open for cash games?
2)What stakes?
3)How many 6-max and 9-max?

The next question is something I've always wondered about other online players

4)When you sit down at a table, do you post the big blind? Or do you wait till you're the big blind. The time waiting (lost) till the big blind gets to you vs the extra blind one has to post in the next hand but starting the game earlier, which is more +EV and profitable in your opinion?

Does this change if you're playing 6 max?

Oh, one last question.

5)I'm 4-tabling the $24 turbos for ROI between 10-20% (sample size too small to be sure). Let's say if I want to make the same profit, at what stakes of 4-tabling should I play for cash games to get approx the same hourly rate? (just your opinion and estimates)

professor76
Old 03-06-2007, 01:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Curtains,

A few questions:

1)How many tables do you open for cash games?
2)What stakes?
3)How many 6-max and 9-max?

professor76

[/ QUOTE ]

At the moment Im playing 10-11 tables and playing 1-2 NL. Im huge high roller at NL Cash [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I played a bunch of 2-4 and had some success but my win rate is about half as much as 1-2 and had a bad month of Feb, so playing low for a while to get my groove back.

Im playing all 9 max for now. If it gets stale I'll go back to 6max. Basically 9max is a lot more relaxing for me, while 6max is a lot more hectic. I want to relax for now.
Old 03-06-2007, 01:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Curtains,

The next question is something I've always wondered about other online players

4)When you sit down at a table, do you post the big blind? Or do you wait till you're the big blind. The time waiting (lost) till the big blind gets to you vs the extra blind one has to post in the next hand but starting the game earlier, which is more +EV and profitable in your opinion?

Does this change if you're playing 6 max?

professor76

[/ QUOTE ]

I always post if I get to start in the cutoff seat in a 9 handed game. Sometimes 8 handed.

I never post in 6 max, its almost surely bad. To be honest I'm not entirely certain on the theory of posting. Also your button is generally worth the most and you miss that every time you post, that's something to take into account.

However I do believe that posting on the cutoff in a 9 handed game is almost certainly correct, and probably preferable to simply posting the blinds.
Old 03-06-2007, 01:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Curtains,

5)I'm 4-tabling the $24 turbos for ROI between 10-20% (sample size too small to be sure). Let's say if I want to make the same profit, at what stakes of 4-tabling should I play for cash games to get approx the same hourly rate? (just your opinion and estimates)

professor76

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno, I mean it depends how good you are at cash games of course?