Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2007, 02:25 PM

Default $24 FT can\'t win anymore

Last week I lost like $700 playing about 100-150 $24s and felt like I was running bad but towards the end decided I should be honest with myself and admit that I must have significant leaks in my game. I posted a few hands that got limited responses and they helped only a little bit. What I finally decided was that I must be pushing too loosely considering a ton of mid/short stacked players have a 33+ QJ+ calling range and that was killing me. This week I tightened up significantly and I started out by making around $300 in my first 70sngs. I was really happy to have finally found what was going wrong. However, in my next 60 or so, I've dropped $450. I find that the blinds are always 300/600 with like 6 players left and someone is always sliding in front of me when I'm in position so I have to fold alot of hands that I would push if folded to me. If I don't win a big hand early, I'm often left with 3BB by playing tight and slowly losing...but loosening up isn't helping me either.

I feel so lost now that I don't even know what my problem hands are. If there is anybody who is willing to review a couple of my sessions just to help me make some sense of things I would really appreciate it. I understand this is a small sample size and that people don't like these kinds of posts, but I am questioning everything I'm doing at the table lately and I need advice. I guess just reply here or send me a PM and I'll send you a couple HHs.

Thanks.
Old 03-05-2007, 08:46 PM

Default Re: $24 FT can\'t win anymore

If you post a whole tourney using this tournament trimmer, I'll try to make time to look at it. Choose text as the output format as it makes it easier to comment on hands you folded.