Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2007, 04:41 PM

Default Re: movies that have made you cry? (men only plz)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also, Grave of the Fireflies is a destroyer of men. When the little girl made some mudballs and was saving some for her brother, i had both an: "Awww, thats so cute" moment and an "Oh my god, this is really depressing" moment.

[/ QUOTE ]
Omg yes. I cried for almost an hour after that movie (I was depressed at the time).

[/ QUOTE ]

am the only one that was pissed off at this movie. i mean, yah, i felt bad for the little girl, but mostly that kid just pissed me off, and hte whole movie was very anti climatic.

it just angered me how they were in a bad situation and didn't need to be, if only that kid wasn't such a little [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

Im' not sure i understand. Are you saying that the kid could have saved his sister? Either way, the story is autobiographical and the author was haunted about it for years afterward which makes the movie that much harder to watch.
Old 03-05-2007, 04:53 PM

When Harry Bailey gets home from the war ... "To my brother George ... the richest man in town!" from It's A Wonderful Life. Gets me Every Single effing Time.

"Running On Empty" -- Christine Lahti plays a 60s radical fugitive who hasn't seen her parents for 20 years ... she pops up at a restaurant in Manhattan to meet her father, and ask him to watch over her son (River Phoenix) who's about to go to Juilliard, then ditches out of the restaurant minutes later. They're both sitting there on the verge of tears and I can't help but go with 'em.
Old 03-05-2007, 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The scene in Eternal Sunshine where he's chasing her through the house as it's falling apart got me pretty good too.

[/ QUOTE ]
Great movie! My favorite scene (that made me cry) was under the covers when she was talking about being ugly, and and he said "you're pretty, you pretty..." But then as the memories are being erased, he says "I want to keep this memory" or whatever.

I'm another big puss and cry at movies *all the time*. I cried at the end of Rocky, Rocky 2, Rocky 3, and Rocky 4.

LA Story with Steve Martin with the big storm at the end and the loud Enya music - you gotta cry there.

-Tom
Old 03-05-2007, 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Oh [censored], I forgot about the scene in Casablanca when Victor Laszlo leads the french refugees in a round of "la marsiellaise" to drown out the nazis chorus.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good one. I am a total sucker for the "don't amount to a hill of beans" speech at the end.

Other weepy favourites:

The Elephant Man
Schindler's List
It's A Wonderful Life
Whale Rider
Life is Beautiful
Truly Madly Deeply
The Abyss (two people one respirator scene)

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice call on The Elephant Man. I assume you mean either the scene where Anthony Hopkins' character first sees David Merrick and they just show a closeup of Hopkins' face, and a tear comes down and you actually feel sorrow for the Elephant Man without even seeing him, or else the end of the movie where David Merrick decides to lie down and die, and the painting he did of himself sleeping is on the wall, and freaking Barber's Adagio For Strings is playing and David Merrick's mother comes to him in a dream.

Oh my God, David Lynch can sure make a movie.
Old 03-05-2007, 07:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe it's from being a father, but nowadays any movie, however formulaic, in which parent & child are estranged or otherwise unable to communicate, that ends up with a reunion/rapprochement turns me into mush.

[/ QUOTE ]Amen, brother, and add anything tragic happening to a kid.

Weep like a Bitch tally:
Pre-daughter's birth in '04: 0 (OK, maybe 1)
Post-daugther's birth: 8,564,255

I have sobbed like nobody's business a number of times during Miami Ink, when people who have lost toddlers come in to get memorial tattoos. Kat is effing amazing.
Old 03-05-2007, 07:51 PM

Life is Beautiful

what a ridiculously good movie
Old 03-05-2007, 08:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i almost teared up during the futurama episode where fry's dog dies of old age/broken heart. and i dont even cry at funerals.

[/ QUOTE ]

same

[/ QUOTE ]

Ikiru.

Can't think of others off the top of my head but I know there are some.
Old 03-05-2007, 08:08 PM

I never really cry during movies and I almost cried during the Christmas episode of "Las Vegas"... sad I know. I must have been in a weird mood?
Old 03-05-2007, 08:19 PM

To be honest, for some reason movies and tv shows really get me, though almost nothing else can (except in the obvious situations like funerals).

But one thing that got me bad was in the last season of "Rescue Me" when Dennis Leary loses his son, and has his ex-wife punch him until he finally breaks down and cries. Thats the sadest moment I've seen on a non-documentary show.
Old 03-05-2007, 08:25 PM

I think I remember getting choked up in Revenge when Madeline Stowe dies after all the [censored] that she and Kevin Costner went through.