Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > Special Sklansky Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2007, 04:35 AM

Default Re: Black People

Peter,

Why can't we just say Azns are smarter than white folks and blecks r dumber?
Old 03-05-2007, 10:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Incarceration rates among blacks are 10-20X higher than whites because they commit 10-20X more crime than whites.

If O.J. was white and he killed a black man and woman, do you really think he would have gotten away with the crime he so obviously committed?

Also, one can only imagine the riots that would have occurred in the above scenario. It would have made the Rodney King riots look tame by comparison.

Your comment that blacks get longer/harsher sentences for the same crime is absolute hogwash.

I suppose that affirmative action programs aren't racist either.

Unfortunately, all races are biased against each other and the same could be said about religion.

It boils down to people not accepting differences from one another.

[/ QUOTE ]

You must have been high when you wrote this.

Look at the drug laws in this country. Look at cocaine penalties vs. crack penalties. Sentences for crack possession are much longer than sentences for cocaine possession. I've always thought the drug laws in this country were draconian, but the fact that they lead to higher incarceration rates for blacks than whites is well documented. The fact is that whites and blacks don't have the same chances in front of the criminal justice system.

David Sklansky, I don't know what you were expecting putting up a post titled "Black People" on an internet poker forum composed primarily of white college kids- well let's just say white males (I know there are people of other races here, but I think it's obvious the overwhelming majority of posters are white). Well, what about "Black People?" What about "White People?" The All Star game is not a good representation of mainstream America. In some places in America you're going to be "shielded" from racism because you just don't see it around you. Try living in Philly or New York, or a lot of other places, and you might be a little more exposed. Racism is alive and well. I saw someone ask, "Why should the US government apologize to blacks for slavery?" It's a simple enough question, but the fact that a lot of people don't understand why tells me we have a long way to go. What if you're ancestors were held in dungeons for months, brought over by the millions on slave ships and forced into labor. Then they were freed by the millions and had to start from scratch. No wealth to inherit, no one sending them to college, no legal system that treated them as equals. Now fast forward 150 years or so. A lot has changed, but some things just never change fast enough.
Old 03-05-2007, 12:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Peter,

Why can't we just say Azns are smarter than white folks and blecks r dumber?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because I don't think it's very helpful. I don't believe *any* social problems that are the consequence of monocausal explanations, and so it isn't *just* the IQ distribution in Afro-Carribean youth -- culture and environment are also important factors.

And there are other problems: the IQ curve doesn't tell you how smart any particular white person or black person is likely to be. The idea of race as a fixed and exclusive category is being seriously challenged by geneticists -- apparently, Africa was the country of origin for the whole of mankind, so presumably we've all got a bit of black in us if you go back far enough.

Also, I don't think it's helpful to us as a society. Send out the message that black people are dumber than white people, and you end up with the idea that studying and working hard is 'acting white', and that the only way a black man can make his aspirations real in the white man's world is by slangin' dope, or sticking a gun in whitey's mouth and taking his reparations that way.

I think the reason that Ashkenazi jews and Asians do so well in IQ tests is because they value education, intelligence and learning. Those races probably select those qualities (as opposed to spectacular boobies or a big badonkadonk) when selecting a mate.

Also, IQ scores improve the more that you do them, so if more black people can come around to the idea that valuing education is one of the ways that they can really improve the lot of their race, then that has to be a good thing. Simply telling them that they're dumb, it's genetic and therefore fixed, so they might as well give up striving now does it all a disservice.

The remarkable thing about humans, IMO, and why I'd happily let an infinite number of cats die in microwave ovens rather than killing a single cat-torturing paedophile, is that humans are the only animals who possess the power of reflexivity -- the ability to use the power of our consciousness to look at ourselves, realize that we don't much like what we see, and then decide that we're going to change ourselves and our world through study and problem solving skills.

And that ability is not limited to any particular race.
Old 03-05-2007, 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
fear of politically correct thought police retribution.

[/ QUOTE ]

I knew after I had read the first part of your nonsense that you'd somehow work "political correctness" in there.

I guess I'd complain too if people held me accountable for for saying insensitive, stupid, and illogical things.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm the farthest thing from politically correct. I also found this "Black People" post by Skalansky illogical and insensitive. The post reminded me of a time when a very old lady blurted out the word "spook" to me. It was blatant racism, but also relatively harmless and kind of funny in a way because like Skalansky's post it was so ignorant and outdated and came out of left field.
Old 03-05-2007, 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The remarkable thing about humans, IMO, and why I'd happily let an infinite number of cats die in microwave ovens rather than killing a single cat-torturing paedophile, is that humans are the only animals who possess the power of reflexivity -- the ability to use the power of our consciousness to look at ourselves, realize that we don't much like what we see, and then decide that we're going to change ourselves and our world through study and problem solving skills.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow! What empathy you display towards other creatures besides humans. IMO, this kind of statement betrays some very warped ethical development.
Old 03-05-2007, 04:52 PM

Peter,

You make me laugh. You think Asians are bred to be smarter than those dumb white or colored folk?

Its not monocasual, but its pretty much fact. Blacks on avg. are dumb, almost as dumb as Native Americans or Hispanics in America.

I think a lot stems from cultural reinforcement. Black "culture" is primitive, brutal, and bizarre. It downgrades education, glorifies violence, and is somehow protected through a perverse cultural relativism. It'll have to be something they (The members of that culture) decide to change for themselves.
Old 03-05-2007, 07:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the most inhuman and consciousness-free statement I've ever witnessed and probably will. A million guys thinking like this deserve to replace one single cat from that million tortured by that paedophile.
Old 03-05-2007, 07:47 PM

Default Wow. All I Was Trying To Say Was

that recent current events have probably hastened the inevitable total acceptance of blacks by whites and vice versa. The All Star reference was irrelevant to that point. It was just what got me thinking about the subject. I titled the thread "black people" just to be cute.
Old 03-05-2007, 08:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The remarkable thing about humans, IMO, and why I'd happily let an infinite number of cats die in microwave ovens rather than killing a single cat-torturing paedophile, is that humans are the only animals who possess the power of reflexivity --

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't that take an infinite number of microwave ovens? I mean if you had even a hundred thousand microwave ovens and stuffed them tight with kittys then before you got the job done new kittys would be born grow up and have more kittys. Thus the job would be never ending because the supply of kittys would never end. Would it not be better (if it was ok with Skippy/Sherman) to issue all of the people that practiced Super Secret Double 4th level Cat Hating a hammer and showed them how to use it?
Old 03-05-2007, 08:58 PM

obss,

Cats have no value beyond a turnip in and of themselves. Please use any ethical theory to dissuade this. My boy Kant says don't torture the kitty cause it leads to torturing peoples.