Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2007, 01:54 AM

Default NL200 QQ though spot

It's the same vilain in the two hands. He is 14/7/1.6 and I guess a bit on the weak side. My usual plan in hand 1 is to raise AI the flop but something seems really weird to me and I had the feeling that he will not price me enough for my draw and that the aces and the tens might not be some clean outs. That's why I didn't raised the turn.

Full Tilt Poker
$1/$2 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
9 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
Hero (BTN): $206.75
SB: $229.75
BB: $242.5
UTG: $411.20
UTG+1: $132.80
MP1: $38
MP2: $78
MP3: $318.80
CO: $131.70

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($3, 9 players)
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, <font color="red">MP2 raises to $4</font>, MP3 calls $4, CO folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $19</font>, SB folds, BB folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $15

<font color="black">Flop:</font> 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($45, 2 players)
<font color="red">MP3 bets $25</font>, Hero calls $25

<font color="black">Turn:</font> 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] ($95, 2 players)
<font color="red">MP3 bets $35</font>, Hero calls $35

<font color="black">River:</font> 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] ($165, 2 players)
MP3 checks, Hero checks

Full Tilt Poker
$1/$2 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
9 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
Hero (MP3): $200
CO: $258.35
BTN: $199
SB: $386.75
BB: $169.35
UTG: $69.20
UTG+1: $86.25
MP1: $363.35
MP2: $195

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($3, 9 players)
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls $2, MP2 calls $2, <font color="red">Hero raises to $11</font>, CO folds, BTN folds, SB folds, BB folds, MP1 calls $9, MP2 folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($27, 2 players)
MP1 checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $20</font>, <font color="red">MP1 raises to $50</font>, Hero calls $30

<font color="black">Turn:</font> 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] ($127, 2 players)
<font color="red">MP1 bets $65</font>, Hero folds
Uncalled bet of $65 returned to MP1

Because of the previous hand I would have pushed here with AA on the flop. No pot sweatener preflop and no weak lead so I guess he wasn't on a set or a low pp. I guess 87s is in his range as well as a lot of draw. T9 comes on the turn. I'm not sure AA or KK are not in his range. He might very well be bad enough to open limp/call in this postion. Do you think QQ is strong enough for a push on the flop or the turn here or for a call on the turn. If you call what is your plan for the river?
Old 03-04-2007, 03:39 AM

Default Re: NL200 QQ though spot

What did he have in hand 1? I think you should include results for this hand since it is for reads.

Hand 2 looks good I think. The flop is terrible for you considering he limp/called. But folding the flop just doesn't seem right. When he bets again on the turn I'd give him credit for hand that beats you.
Old 03-04-2007, 03:52 AM

Okay.......... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

He had 44 for a set. So the read is kind of : openminraise pp in MP, kind of weird lead on the flop and turn. Two things that he didn't do in hands 2. He might be varying but I don't think he had a set here too often.
Old 03-04-2007, 07:01 AM

call river, no point pushing unless villan is incapable of reading the board properly.

I think you are ahead most of the time here but people saying he can't have a 4 do at least need to consider it. Even tightish players will throw in a call with 45s 46s sometines

ye so call river, you played the hand well
Old 03-04-2007, 12:33 PM

Given the way the hand beofre played I am shoving the turn.
Old 03-05-2007, 03:04 PM

i think you played both fine. In hand one he might have raised 44 as a one off so unless you see that he showsdown anymore hands like that you can't be sure that this is his normal game. Due to the fact that has an AF of 1.2 i think your play was fine. Without further reads i think that this was a safe fold, and i wouldn't beat yourself up about it