Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2007, 09:31 AM

Default Re: WorldPx/WPX/WPEX/WSEX - names in hand histories

[ QUOTE ]
One trick you might want to try which doesn't rely on OCR is to generate a unique hash from the pixels that make up the name.

You can then use the hash (eg: "3AC5F27AFF1", etc) instead of the player's name and PT/GT+ should still work.

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Excellent idea! In fact, I am already using a RIPEMD160 hash. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I guess I never really considered using the hash as the name. I personally still wanted actual names in the HH/PT. With the hash and persistent storage (after the initial one-time name entry) it becomes a simple dictionary lookup. Conceivably we could even have an online database. (Use of graphic mods complicates this idea though.)

Perhaps I will make it a configurable option. Those that just want GT+ stats with the least hassle can use the hash, those that want actual names can use the name entry/lookup.
Old 02-09-2007, 10:32 AM

wow, very impressive piece of software....keep it up!
Old 02-13-2007, 09:01 PM

I started it out used it little but for a idiot like me if multitabling does it completely not work or just work one table.(hand grabber) Solid work though gladly compensate/ pay for working program. P.S the mucked cards program is awesome thanks alot
Old 02-13-2007, 10:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I started it out used it little but for a idiot like me if multitabling does it completely not work or just work one table.(hand grabber) Solid work though gladly compensate/ pay for working program. P.S the mucked cards program is awesome thanks alot

[/ QUOTE ]

I've just released an updated version at http://pokertracker.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18395 - it doesn't spam you with 10 different windows to enter names anymore. ;-)

It still works only on one table. If you are multitabling, it will just work on the first one it finds. If you eventually close that table, you can close and restart the program to have it start picking up a new table.

I am close to finishing up a multitabling version and yes I will be charging a nominal fee for that version.

Stay tuned!
Old 02-16-2007, 06:03 PM

Hey folks, I finished up the 1.0 release of my name grabber - Pankwindu Name That Player - and I am letting it go for the measly price of $12. That's a no-brainer even if you don't play at WorldPx! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Head on over to the PT forum at http://pokertracker.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18395 to check it out.
Old 03-03-2007, 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey folks, I finished up the 1.0 release of my name grabber - Pankwindu Name That Player - and I am letting it go for the measly price of $12. That's a no-brainer even if you don't play at WorldPx! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thought I'd give this a little bump for readers who aren't already happily enjoying the return of names in hand histories at WPX. We're* up to a very solid version 1.4 and have already survived one WPX client release.

The introductory February price is over but I still believe it's quite a good bargain at $16, especially since I am offering a full refund guarantee if the program "breaks" within 14 days of purchase.

You can download and register at http://pankwindu.com/poker/, and check out the program discussion at the Poker Tracker forum.

*That's the royal "we"... you know... the editorial "we"...
Old 03-05-2007, 09:13 AM

can someone who is using this tell me if it is 100% keylogger or trojanfree? the "must have you exact screenname when you sign up!" bothers me alot, just a nudge from a current user and Ill buy it.
Old 03-05-2007, 11:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
can someone who is using this tell me if it is 100% keylogger or trojanfree? the "must have you exact screenname when you sign up!" bothers me alot, just a nudge from a current user and Ill buy it.

[/ QUOTE ]
I know you are asking other users, not me, but I'll give my side anyway. The screen name is used strictly for licensing and actually makes it more convenient for you, the user, as explained at the site. The program does absolutely no "phoning home", which you can verify with any outbound firewall program. So even if I wanted to, there is nothing nefarious I can do with your screen name since I don't receive any information from your system.

However, if there is significant resistance to the idea (this is the first I've heard so far), I might be willing to consider other license options. (But keep in mind the popular alternatives would probably be even more troubling. Phone-home activation would negate the above paragraph, and computer-specific registration based on a code generated on your computer and submitted to me would suffer from the theoretical possibility that I could encode your username/password into the generated code.)

Incidentally, the program also avoids writing to the registry or to Windows system folders. There are no problems running it under a non-admin limited user account.
Old 03-05-2007, 01:49 PM

Is there an option for a lifetime liscense? I'd rather pay $50 to not have to worry about updates than to deal with tossing you $20 everytime WPEX updates their table layout.

It's more about the hassle than the cost.
Old 03-05-2007, 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is there an option for a lifetime liscense? I'd rather pay $50 to not have to worry about updates than to deal with tossing you $20 everytime WPEX updates their table layout.

It's more about the hassle than the cost.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not sure where you got the idea that I am charging a fee every time the layout changes - that is not accurate. In fact there has already been one breaking change from WPX that I fixed within 2 days and released as a free upgrade.

I will never re-charge anyone for functionality they already paid for - in this case, tracking the player graphics and allowing you to associate the correct player names to them. If the graphics change, then any fix I do will simply maintain the current level of functionality, I cannot and will not charge for something like that.