Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2007, 10:01 AM

Default Re: Violence and History

[ QUOTE ]
evolution did not exist before evolution -- and capitalism did not exist before capitalism.

[/ QUOTE ]

I should have stopped reading here.

[ QUOTE ]
Man's primal, total sovereignty over himself and his individual affairs gets compromised when he lives amongst others in a society, again by definition.

[/ QUOTE ]

How so?

I live amonst others. I decide when I wake up, when I brush my teeth, when I jerk off (I know you'd add that one if I left it out, Mickey), when I go to work, who I work for. I decide how and when I interact with others. Oh, except for the state. Now, how is it that this involuntary interaction is *required*, by *definition*?

Sure, occasionally I get mugged, or someone's dog poops in my yard without my explicit consent; but these involuntary interactions are not a *necessary* part of living amongst others.
Old 03-05-2007, 10:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Man's primal, total sovereignty over himself and his individual affairs gets compromised when he lives amongst others in a society

[/ QUOTE ]

So you're saying I don't own my body? That you don't own your body? And if that's the case, then who own them? And do the ones who own them also own their own body? Because that would seem to contradict your claim.
Old 03-05-2007, 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Arguing that a society was a capitalist one just because small merchants and laborers and farmers were active in it, and engaging in free trade, etc, is silly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well this baffles me, but perhaps I don't understand the actualition of the term "capitalism". At least, one could say that those small merchants and laborers and farmers were engaged in "free enterprise", right? So,what is the difference between "free enterprise" and "capitalism"?