Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2007, 04:21 PM

Default Re: Live 4/8 AJs OTB

[ QUOTE ]
Standard. In general I believe he's donking trips.

If he bets at other scare cards in the future, make a note of it. For now, fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

If its a live 4/8 game, isnt he donking any jack in this spot too? I raise planning on folding to 3 bets. If he calls and donks the river, Im beat.
Old 03-04-2007, 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Standard. In general I believe he's donking trips.

If he bets at other scare cards in the future, make a note of it. For now, fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

If its a live 4/8 game, isnt he donking any jack in this spot too? I raise planning on folding to 3 bets. If he calls and donks the river, Im beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

In my B&M 4/8 donkers are usually the non-tricky type making folds easy. Where you and I would c/r, they donk (and often get paid off by other players.)

If your game tends to have trickier players than mine, then a raise may be in order.
Old 03-04-2007, 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm raising here, and that's the last money I'm putting in the pot

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting...

[/ QUOTE ]

what is so interesting?

[/ QUOTE ]

What's interesting (maybe just to me) is that I have usually just called down a donker in this spot. I hadn't really thought about raising.

It appears to cost me the same two bets (folding to a turn re-raise; checking behind on the river) and it may get him to fold.
Old 03-05-2007, 02:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm raising here, and that's the last money I'm putting in the pot

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-05-2007, 04:30 AM

My immediate reaction was that he had a J, and the K on the river decreased the chances of YOU having one, thus the donk. I agree that a raise is in order, and if you're 3-bet you can let it go.

That being said, if he just calls and it goes to HU, I'm not sure whether to value him if he checks the river (which comes black 2-8, sans 6). Sounds like most are advocating a c-f on the river. If you think there's a possibility he would c-r on a busted draw, then obviously checking is best. If there's no chance of that, is there any arguement for betting the river? I would have to think that the odds of a weaker J at that point are higher than a K, considering he checked flop, donked turn, and just called the raise. Plus there's no worry of him spiking a random 2-pair on the river. Any comments on this?