Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Call or fold?
Call 1 11.11%
Fold 8 88.89%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-05-2007, 03:12 AM

Default Re: Degen was just banned

Is there anyway we can give Degen one more chance? NO MORE POST IN A/R. If he post there again it will be a perma ban... This would effectively be an exile.
Old 03-05-2007, 03:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]

3) With the exception of the most egregious bad behaviour, which Degen's case seems to meet, posters should never be banned from the whole site by mods of paid forums, and especially from the A/R forum where there are so many competing interests.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't really participate in this decision because I don't know all the factors well enough, but from reading the thread this was definitely not all PA. PA was simply the mod chosen to "press the button".
Old 03-05-2007, 03:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is there anyway we can give Degen one more chance? NO MORE POST IN A/R. If he post there again it will be a perma ban... This would effectively be an exile.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's been given chances again and again. This is at least fifth time he's been banned. At some point, there's a line.
Old 03-05-2007, 03:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He's been given chances again and again. This is at least fifth time he's been banned. At some point, there's a line.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'll take the over. wait, what's the spread?
Old 03-05-2007, 03:29 AM

pa didn't even participate really in it until he was asked to. he was just the mod asked to do the banning, please don't take it out on him.
Old 03-05-2007, 03:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He broke no rule since the last time.

Since he was banned one month ago for five days, what has he done wrong?

The only thing I see in his recent posting history that would merit this is:

A) him starting a long thread in this forum criticizing Dids

B) him stating his opinion about the intelligence of blacks

While both of those were obviously dumb moves on his part as they were sure to be controvercial at a time when he should have just kept his mouth shut, neither of them seems bannable to me.

I have never met Degen but do know him through Thailand yes. I feel I owe him a great deal, it is because of him that I found this gorgeous and amazing country.

I think the man deserves a second chance. And again, from the looks of it, he was already given a second chance and appears to have been following along with what was asked of him...unless I am missing something...
Old 03-05-2007, 03:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you should be embarrassed to defend him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nation didn't you live with Degen or something? And talk to him extensively about coming to Thailand? If anybody should be ashamed, it is you sir.
Old 03-05-2007, 04:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Degen then went on to email sites this other affiliate was an affiliate for with BS complaints ...Degen even threatened to turn in this affiliate to the IRS.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please link us to where Degen stated this information on 2+2, or quote it if that was in the thread that was moved to the mod forum.

To my knowledge Degen never posted anything of that nature and you are using things people told you about Degen's behavior off of 2+2 to justify banning him.

JJprodigy lost his Mod-ship for punishing a poster for non-2+2 behavior.

I also agree fully with what BluffThis said. The affiliate world seems a very complex and competitive one. I don't think somebody should be banned from all of 2+2 for things done in that forum or as an affiliate.

Also how has Degen abused the PM function in the last six months? I know he was previously banned for this a looooong time ago, but that hasn't been stated anywhere until this thread. Were there new instances of this?
Old 03-05-2007, 04:05 AM

Do you agree with Degen being banned?
Old 03-05-2007, 04:06 AM

You are taking the internet too seriously.