Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2007, 11:09 PM

Default Re: Am I an [censored] for not helping this dude?

some rando who I had no clue, I wouldnt do it. Seems kinda odd unless he at least knows you a little. The reason I wouldnt do it tho isnt cuz I dont know him, its just cuz you read to much horrible [censored] on TV and I wouldnt trust it. If I was walking into my building and saw some guy trying to move it even if I didnt know him, I would help. Or if I at least knew for sure that it was actually one of my neighbors or something and that what he was telling me was legit, then yeah I'd help him
Old 03-04-2007, 11:20 PM

I'm really suprised istewart lasted more than 100 posts.

Perg,
No way I help him. If he said hey it's "insert name" or hey I live in room "555" or something and I knew him then I would help.
Old 03-04-2007, 11:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would think you were an idiot for doing this, and I think the guy asking for help is complete tool.

FWIW I might havw gone and watched out the window while he struggled. Bonus points for pointing and laughing.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are as big of a douche as the racist.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate people intruding on my privacy. If I am home and don't expect you, I won't answer the door unless you are a friend of mine (I know it is urgent then because my friends all have the decency to call). If a random guy who I don't know, buzzes my door and asks for help moving things, first off I'm gonna think he is VERY sketchy, and second off I'm gonna be a dick to him for bothering me.

I can't believe the number of people who are thinking this sort of behavior is ok.

Note, if it was an emergency, I help (i.e. someone is hurt or something) dudes bad planning in not securing the help he might need is not something I feel the need to assist him with. Also if I know the person (neighbor or something) I probably go help. I'll be annoyed but I'll help, just not a total random ringing my doorbell.

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW I might havw gone and watched out the window while he struggled. Bonus points for pointing and laughing.

Dont try to backtrack out of it or justify anything, that little sentence above makes you a snively douche. Social interaction and common decency isnt an intrusion of privacy.
Old 03-05-2007, 12:11 AM

If I'm walking down the street and someone asks me for a quick hand, sure, no problem. If I'm in bed and the stranger wakes me up, keep buzzing pal, not gonna happen.
Old 03-05-2007, 12:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If I'm walking down the street and someone asks me for a quick hand, sure, no problem. If I'm in bed and the stranger wakes me up, keep buzzing pal, not gonna happen.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-05-2007, 01:09 AM

Why the hell did you even answer? I would've told this guy to [censored] off unless I'm going to see him again, because confrontation over this would be too awkward.
Old 03-05-2007, 01:11 AM

No- that's not the time for ANYONE but a best bud to ask for help with something non-critical... and even HE better have a damned good reason for waking you up.

Good pass.
Old 03-05-2007, 01:23 AM

I think I am 50/50 whether I help or not. I would probably make up some kind of excuse, expecting a repair man, etc.

But you are not a dick, he should have some friend help him out. Not buzz your apartment
Old 03-05-2007, 01:36 AM

I know he said 12:30 this morning, but was it day or night here? I assumed it was 12:30pm.
Old 03-05-2007, 02:03 AM

I think this is entirely an optional personality thing. I wouldn't blame anyone for not doing it or praise anyone for doing it.

Personally I'd do it, but that doesn't make me some kind of hero. I just like doing random stuff with people I'll never see again.