UTG: $116.35
Hero: $109.70
MP1: $180.20
MP2: $46.70
CO: $57.50
Button: $89.70
SB: $100.40
BB: $79

Pre-flop: (8 players) Hero is UTG+1 with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $4</font>, Hero calls $4 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was $5.5)</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, CO calls, 3 folds.

Flop: 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($17.5, 4 players)
UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $10</font>, MP1 calls, 2 folds.

Turn: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($37.5, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">MP1 bets $54</font>, Hero folds.
Uncalled bets: $54 returned to MP1.

Results:
Final pot: $37.5

i feel good about the fold, but without being result oriented, would anyone else play the flop differently?
Old 01-18-2007, 06:29 PM

Default Re: really confusing trips oop

I bet much closer to the pot on the flop. You still have two players behind you, plus the original PFR who checked.

On the turn, that's obviously a major scare card. I tend to lead again for 2/3ish pot and see what happens, but others take different routes.

I do so b/c if I had played an AK/AQs type hand that now has a nut flush draw, I would probably have made a similar bet on the flop (as I would have with a set) and then the same on the turn (regardless of if i have a flush or set)

As played, he overbet the pot which could mean smallish flush protecting, a bluff, or maybe another set. Ugly spot, which is why I lead.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:29 PM

Bet alot more on the flop, atleast $15. Any reads on the player? Stats? Hard to make a decision without either.

I'll lead the turn and might consider folding if he raises but it's close. As played I either fold or push with folding at like 80%.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:30 PM

lets say i led for 30 and he min raised that would i be playing this hand differently(knowing hed push the river)
i still think at this point he has a set in is range but i think with a set hes morelikley to raise the flop. he could have been goin for over calls but that would be bad play in my opinion.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:35 PM

ur right i didnt realize how little i bet on the flop. id say given tha,t the flush is even more likely. so i just played bad. i like both or your comments.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:37 PM

posting a hand like this without reads makes it extremely difficult to help you. For starters though 15 on the flop.

I'd also check turn most of the time as leading out for any substantial fraction of the pot will virtually commit you. The fold is very read dependent, esp with his ultra strange looking overbet.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:42 PM

o i remember why i only bet that much. its becuase co liked to min raise draws and any over pair no matter what the action. but he probably woulndt have to a pot bet. and at this particular table i expected to be raised by any hand that would call except the flush draw. so thats why the hand unfolded the way it did.
Old 01-18-2007, 07:06 PM

heres how i play the hand:

bet 12. then bet 30 and go from there. if he minraises, im calling. if he shoves or makes a real raise, i go by stats. the looser the player, the more likely i am to go along with the hand. sometimes i will check the turn, but i really like leading to protect against hands with one big diamond.
Old 03-04-2007, 06:00 PM

meh.