Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2007, 03:54 AM

Default Re: Making a living at SNG\'s in Florida?

Good Job LW.

How much better is the play at the $520's?

Is there any recourse when playing against 2 slowplayers?

Did the dealer seem dissappointed with the $20 tip?
Old 03-04-2007, 04:11 AM

The 520s were more tighter and aggressive with one other 2+2er
Still see some bad plays but nothing too bad. Towards the bubble the play gets weak and most players don't make the adjustment to blind stealing. The two slowplayers were nice guys but they did everything they could to do nothing to the other guy. The $20 tip was frustrating to me because it got chopped 4 ways with the guy getting his money giving $20 and one guy giving $40. If the 2nd guy gives him $40 also and I give him $40 which would have been the "right" thing. The dealer would get $140 to deal for an hour and a half. With me giving $20 he got $120. I have no idea if $20 or $40 is right.
Old 03-04-2007, 11:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just got back from a 5 hour session of only 3 sngs tonight bubbled a 140 took 3rd in another 140 for 225 tipped dealer 20
for $65 profit then played a 520. In the 520 it got 4 handed with about even stacks and there were 2 black guys sitting next to each other who were softplaying. They were with each other way before the sng started and 1 guy constantly giving him walks in the SB/BB. 4 handed we decided that 4th place was getting their money back. Knocked a guy out and we chopped 3 way with the 2 guys I mentioned softplaying, even though I had 14,500 of the 35,000 chips. Got 1420 tipped dealer 20 for a profit of $880. I enjoyed the 520s because you start out with 35BB and I think you can increase your edge with being deeper. BTW saw Eddie Jones(miami heat), I believe, in one of the high buyin SNGS.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah Eddie used to be there all the time when he was on the Heat for the first time. Now that he is back he goes about 3-4 times a week and he plays the 1k's.
Old 03-04-2007, 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sometimes you have multiple allin calls where nobody has an ace or a pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a good thing.
I'm guessing this is happening many times when it is not correct.

[/ QUOTE ]

when everyone is short, your advantage comes from having them fold when they shouldn't...similar to the latter stages of a regualr weekly MTT at most california cardrooms. if they are (correctly) calling with any decent hand, your advantage goes bye bye.
Old 03-04-2007, 04:17 PM

yeah, $2 max limit...if you can grind that out to make a living you are a god (read: idiot/moron/retard)
Old 03-04-2007, 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sometimes you have multiple allin calls where nobody has an ace or a pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a good thing.
I'm guessing this is happening many times when it is not correct.

[/ QUOTE ]

when everyone is short, your advantage comes from having them fold when they shouldn't...similar to the latter stages of a regualr weekly MTT at most california cardrooms. if they are (correctly) calling with any decent hand, your advantage goes bye bye.

[/ QUOTE ]

by 'multiple' all-in calls I was thinking of perhaps early round and pre-flop and seeing this happen.
So if 3 people go all-in in the first-round and nobody has an ace or a pair then certainly that is not correct play no matter how fast the levels are.

And I've seen people calls all-in in the first-level with KTo from EP in WSOP-sats which have an even better structure. So my hunch is that there are players who will make these kinds of ridiculous mistakes in the even faster-structure SNG's in Florida.

My contention is that even with the faster structure it actually IS possible to be too aggressive and to go all-in more than you should...and that players actually do this.

a hand I'm thinking of from a $225 WSOP-sat. Start with 25x BB.
UTG bets 3x BB.
MP cold-calls.
Button pushes all-in.
UTG insta-calls.
MP folds.

UTG has KTo. Button has 66.

Even with the fast structure in Fla this is bad play.

If the play in Florida is as bad as I'm thinking it could be pretty close to the Party $5 or $10 SNG's in the respect that you could even sit-out the whole time and still have a decent chance of making it to the money.

Man, I'm in the mood for some live SNG action.
I rock those babies!!! (sample-size of about 40 or so...woo-hoo!!!)