Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2007, 03:53 PM

Default Shipping Systems w/ customer access to tracking

I'm selling some items through eBay and I want to develop a shipping system that is the least time consuming as possible. I've read about eBay and PayPals buy and print lables and they seem pretty crappy. The only plus is it automatically sends an email to the customer providing them tracking info. The "labels" part is pretty crappy though.

I'm asking you guys w/ some experience or if anyone knows of something that will allow me to upload shipments, print a label on an actually label w/ adhesive and provide some sort of tracking info for my customer.

I'm planning on using USPS priority service, all my packages weight less than 1 lb, so its reasonable. Anyone w/ experience w/ UPS or FedEx have better luck? I didnt' find any user friendly help on any of their sites that would answer my question. Thanks Guys.
Old 03-04-2007, 05:28 PM

Default Re: Shipping Systems w/ customer access to tracking

UPS Worldship. If you do enough business they'll give you the label printer for free. Once you print the label you have a tracking number even before the UPS guy comes and picks up your packages (which they'll do daily for free).
Old 03-05-2007, 11:09 AM

At under 1 lb USPS will be cheaper than UPS.
If you going to use Priority Mail, they used to offer free boxes and free shipping labels and would deliver them to your door. You should check the USPS website.
For printing postage, a thermal or laser printer is usually necessary. I used thermal for USPS and laser for UPS. You can purchase labels for both with adhesive.
PayPal integration with eBay and the USPS wasn't available when I was selling. The PayPal shipping system looks pretty good. It lets you import multiple orders from eBay and prints the labels/postage and lets you schedule a USPS pick-up. You should look into the PayPal shipping system a little more.
Old 03-05-2007, 03:12 PM

Yeah for under 1 lb. packages USPS would probably be best.