Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2006, 04:08 PM

Default Re: Sleeping after drinking

Yeah I always either get 3 hrs. or 12 hrs. of sleep, never a solid 7-8. Yet another way that alcohol makes you do the exact opposite of what you want.
Old 11-24-2006, 04:12 PM

i wake up early too afterwards, usually i am incredibly hungry when i awake, so i either get some water and go back to sleep or food and water then back to sleep.
Old 03-04-2007, 11:03 AM

I have the same problem, and it's only recently, however I'm only 20 years old. it's happened the past couple times I've drank, but I'm trying to think if it might have to do with the 2 double sized Rockstar energy drinks I had. usually the effects of energy drinks wear off after a couple hours and tire you out more though, so I think it's probable it's the alcohol. either way it's super annoying to sit in your bed half dazed with your mind racing a thousand miles an hour trying to think about the night before which you mostly forgot already cuz you were so f*ed up. lol
Old 03-04-2007, 01:15 PM

im 21. i sleep for like 12 hours after a nite of heavy drinking. its def a lighter sleep though, sometimes ill wake up and fall back asleep.
Old 03-04-2007, 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Maybe it is, It just started happening to me recently after 5-6 years of regularly drinking, weird.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're aging. Your body can't metabolize the alcohol the same way it used to. Plus, your liver might be suffering a bit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this really it? I read just last week that alcohol is a "wolfish stimulant in sheep's clothing."

When I was younger, though, I definitely didn't have problems sleeping after boozing. Now, yeah, I get the four hours worth of sleep, too.
Old 03-04-2007, 01:41 PM

Sleeping after drinking is absolutely not neccessary. Just keep drinking it goes a long way in avoiding da hangofers
Old 03-04-2007, 02:58 PM

hmmm, back around X-mas for several reasons, none of which was solely to blame, I couldn't sleep worth a damn, I was only good for like 4 hours a night, and after a couple weeks of this it started to wear on me pretty bad.

I found I could only sleep a reasonable amount (7-8 hours) hours if I had several drinks, not enough to pass out, but enough to be considered drunk (not that I was doing this to be able to sleep, I was drinking for other reasons [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] the sleeping was just an added bonus).