Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2007, 07:20 PM

Default Re: thought experiment

[ QUOTE ]
Krantz,

I might sticky your response as an example of why some one-liner posts get to stay and others get deleted.

[/ QUOTE ]

So true. I'm still laughing.
Old 03-02-2007, 07:40 PM

Default Re: thought expirement

The only problem with citing polls to support a position/s is that polls are inherently suspect. How the questions are asked, who is asked etc. etc. and in this case, the poll results, even if accurate, may not reflect the reality that would occur if the scenarios posed in the poll's questions actually came to pass.

Also, why just periods and no other punctuation? Seems pointless...
Old 03-02-2007, 08:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The only problem with citing polls to support a position/s is that polls are inherently suspect. How the questions are asked, who is asked etc. etc. and in this case, the poll results, even if accurate, may not reflect the reality that would occur if the scenarios posed in the poll's questions actually came to pass.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because unlike you, I dont compensate for my small penis by taking pride in punctuation, I have an escalade for that.
Old 03-02-2007, 08:50 PM

I googled, and looked around on the site, but could you link me, id like to read the report.
Old 03-02-2007, 09:08 PM

A. I was replying to Limon
B. I was joking with Limon
C. Cadillacs are ghey and people who brag about their cars are clearly compensating for something they are lacking
D. How unique, a wop with a Cadilac
E. Aren't you the guy who wrote a thread about being proud to be a guido?
Old 03-02-2007, 10:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I googled, and looked around on the site, but could you link me, id like to read the report.

[/ QUOTE ]

check thinkprogress.org http://thinkprogress.org/2006/09/27/iraqis-poll/
Old 03-02-2007, 10:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

a. i am not a fan of polls. but when they all point strongly in one general direction (like bush/iraq war approval ratings) i think they have value. i also added several logic points and thought expiremnts to bolster the poll numbers.

b. i type to communicate. i try to make my point w/ the minimum amount of necessary key strokes. things like: ?!?, [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] and [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] arfe wayy out of line. its like adding an extra loop to my golf backswing. maybe i should add more punctuation though because so many seem to misunderstand me. but then when i read there responses i see they misunderstand the world in general...an extra comma wont help
Old 03-03-2007, 01:06 PM

limon this thread got sidetracked. Surely no one actually believes that the iraqi people like america or want americans there.
Old 03-03-2007, 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
guids is rite. usa can do no wrong and everyone loves us.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, no, no. Victor, don't your understand? The war isn't going badly but, if it is, it's the liberals and the liberal media's fault that the wars is going badly.
Old 03-04-2007, 09:28 AM

Default Re: thought experiment

[ QUOTE ]

Limon - I'm sure anyone in Europe familiar with recent history feels much safer as a result of US foreign policy.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah i'm sure the 40k+ Iraqian immigrants into Sweden(pop 9Mill) will do wonders for our economy and make great efforts to integrate into our society and take great steps to ensure the security of the Swedish citizens.

The Iraqis emigrate as a direct result of the US foreign policy so i blame fking Bush and the government.

Also i know noone who has expressed concerns about feeling more safe in Europe after the US invaded Afhanistan and Iraq, it's actually quite the contrary with people scared that their countries will end up as a target - if it's from Terrorists or Rogue states is another question.

A lot of countries that support the US war effort simply do it because the threats about "if you are not with us you are against us", the real threat is the economy which would lose out on a lot of export(maybe even import from to a small extent) if they tried to take a neutral stance or even a negative stance against the invasions.