Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2007, 03:49 AM

Default Re: ATL......OOT Style

UPDATE: Went to Clermont Lounge...awesomeness.

That is all.
Old 03-04-2007, 04:56 AM

did blondie crush your beer can for you?
Old 03-04-2007, 05:08 AM

Ok,

Well that was an amazing place to "just end up." It is both an anecedote and an experience.

I'm an exiled Emory grad, but I branched out more than the usual. My top places may be slightly out of date, but the taste is top notch. Here is my top Five.

1. Jellyrolls
Dueling piano bar down the road from downtown Buckhead. I hope to God this place is still there. A request of five dollars almost always brought an instant song. So much fun. Its a great place to bring a girls, and any girl you meet there is 287% more likely to be cool. It is simply the best place in the world to embarass a friend on their birthday. Give the talent a $10 and find out for certain.

2. Fat Matt's Rib shack

Next to Fat Mat's fry house. For directions, head down piedmont, after the 38th sex shop/strip club/S&M palace you take a left and hit it. I'm sure this is the homgenized, cracker version of southern BBQ. Its still that amazing. I loved it so much. Even when my girlfriend at the time had started to put on a few pounds from us eating out, I was told that Fat Matt's only put weight on her Boobs/Butt by a cook. It was that good I chose to believe him. They have live blues there from Wendsdays to Sundays.

3.) Clermont Lounge. People here have written trip reports about this place. People have also written trip reports about climbing Everest. The trip reports about climbing Everest come closer to accurately describing its respective experience.

4.) The Varsity. Theres junk food and theres "junk food," then there is JUNK FOOD, and there is OMFGODLOLERSKATESHOLYSHITADONkAMENTSJUNKFOOD, then there is the Varsity. Emory Kids are inherently suposed to hate the Varsity because it is a Georgia Tech place, but burgers and big oranges from the Varsity are as good as the south has to offer. And I'm including Faulkner.

5.) Club 112
Posibly the most "rapped about" place in the country. Before everyone hits busto in the in '07, you should hit the place that truely origninated what it meant to be a balla. Interesting fact: apparently Balla's hang out in strip malls. Its is between a terrible French place that has take out and a dry cleaner. Parkinglot pimping at its finest. My friend went there and started talking to Christian Laetner. My friend had no idea what Christian Laetner looked like, but went to 112 with his black roomate, saw that there was a 7' white guy walking around like he was the [censored], and knew there was no way you get away doing that as a white guy unless you were in the NBA.

So thats my report, hopefully it is not too out of date and I'm not too drunk.
Old 03-04-2007, 06:58 AM

clermont lounge is full of ugly skanks, and dont go to buckhead either you will get beat up. stay at hotel room and watch movies ATL sucks
Old 03-04-2007, 08:58 AM

clermont lounge *is* full of ugly skanks, no one goes there to get an erection. It's still mad fun.

If you do go to the varsity (i don't think it belongs on a list of things to do in the ATL) get the onion rings, they're the best i've ever had. Also get a frosted orange. everything else there is meh.

Fat Matt's Rib Shack is a great thing to do. Good, Live Blues, and great ribs. "cracker version of BBQ"? Ribs aren't a georgian thing, but these are some of the best ribs south of memphis, east of texas.

If you wanted to go to the "most rapped about place in the country" you should hit Magic City, which is about the 10th best SC in Atlanta, but has been featured in rhymes for 15 years.

all this is meaningless, as OP wanted to know what to do last night. I just wanted to set the record straight.
Old 03-04-2007, 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
2. Fat Matt's Rib shack

Next to Fat Mat's fry house. For directions, head down piedmont, after the 38th sex shop/strip club/S&M palace you take a left and hit it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, Fat Matt's is pretty much right across the street from TEH PAGODA RESTAURANT. That's actually what the awning says because Asians can't spell.
Old 03-04-2007, 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
burgers ... from the Varsity are as good as the south has to offer.

[/ QUOTE ]
oh god no
Old 03-04-2007, 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
burgers ... from the Varsity are as good as the south has to offer.

[/ QUOTE ]
oh god no

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-04-2007, 05:31 PM

burgers from the varsity are about as greasy as the south has to offer. I'd rather have any random fast food burger than a varsity burger. Onion Rings and Orange Frost FTW.
Old 03-04-2007, 07:06 PM

Varsity = 2 chili dogs with onion rings, and a chocolate shake