Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2007, 01:03 AM

Default Re: UFC 3/3/07 - Sylvia v. Couture

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You might be a good MMA handicapper, but you sure are a dick. You trying to compete with Thremp?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bitch please.

[/ QUOTE ]

But Bitch Please II is a much better song. It has Dre, Snoop, Eminem and Xzibit. Check it out.
Old 03-04-2007, 01:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
monson made it through the adcc by being a short stocky wrestler w/ no limbs for opps to submit, he was never a submission master despite zuffa's hype. i always laughed when people automatically assumed that once jeff got timmy down = game over. as if monson is the y2k version upgrade of hickson.. that assumption also presupposes that sylvia had no groundgame, which no one outside of his direct training camp has any solid evidence to back it up cosindering tim spent all of 30 secs on the ground in the octagon before that..

randy however is another animal. he doesn't shoot from ten feet away like a freestyle wrestler such as monson, he will attempt to unbalance tim in the clinch w/his upper body game. which still remains a good possibility despite his advanced age considering that sylvia is a lumbering clumsy oaf in the first place. so really judging randy possible edges by using monson as a precedent is without basis. additionally, monson tend to stall on the ground until he can latch on to a submission, which leads to frequent standups. whereas randy throughout his career typically stays busy on top w/elbows and gnp, how many times did he get stood up in randy/chuck I and randy/tito? so to say randy can only win via a sub is silly, he can just as easily win by clubbin' timmy senseless

[/ QUOTE ]

reps
Old 03-04-2007, 01:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
monson made it through the adcc by being a short stocky wrestler w/ no limbs for opps to submit, he was never a submission master despite zuffa's hype. i always laughed when people automatically assumed that once jeff got timmy down = game over. as if monson is the y2k version upgrade of hickson.. that assumption also presupposes that sylvia had no groundgame, which no one outside of his direct training camp has any solid evidence to back it up cosindering tim spent all of 30 secs on the ground in the octagon before that..

randy however is another animal. he doesn't shoot from ten feet away like a freestyle wrestler such as monson, he will attempt to unbalance tim in the clinch w/his upper body game. which still remains a good possibility despite his advanced age considering that sylvia is a lumbering clumsy oaf in the first place. so really judging randy possible edges by using monson as a precedent is without basis. additionally, monson tend to stall on the ground until he can latch on to a submission, which leads to frequent standups. whereas randy throughout his career typically stays busy on top w/elbows and gnp, how many times did he get stood up in randy/chuck I and randy/tito? so to say randy can only win via a sub is silly, he can just as easily win by clubbin' timmy senseless

[/ QUOTE ]

reps

[/ QUOTE ]

As always, great insight. I was on the right side of the Pride upsets but this timmy upset hurt HUGE. I only wanted to put a 3u play, but it turned into a 9u.

I always regard your opinion highly but I completely missed this post and was just monitoring the other thread. I didnt' even think this fight out, just wanted to put some action on it but it quickly turned into a disaster. You're offering on Shogun cut my shogun play in half too....sometimes knowing half teh story hurts more than none.