Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-2007, 07:21 PM

Default In search of better representation

I'm about done with it. My quest for serious conservative representation is at an end. It won't occur. I'm equally sick of defensive voting, picking the least harm among repugnant choices.

So if the Mohammed will not go to the mountain...

I must change my cohort in America. And what cohort has the best, across the board, bipartisan representation and perks? Clearly it's illegal aliens. I must renounce my citizenship. I will (temporarily?) lose my vote but it hasn't counted in memory. I will not be able to legally possess firearms. I'll practice with a machette instead. Screw the IRS, sales taxes only and little else. I can drop my car insurance and I can get free ER care for life.

There's next to no chance of anyone ever cracking down on the new me, is there? What am I missing here?
Old 03-03-2007, 07:28 PM

Default Re: In search of better representation

[ QUOTE ]
I'm about done with it. My quest for serious conservative representation is at an end. It won't occur. I'm equally sick of defensive voting, picking the least harm among repugnant choices.

So if the Mohammed will not go to the mountain...

I must change my cohort in America. And what cohort has the best, across the board, bipartisan representation and perks? Clearly it's illegal aliens. I must renounce my citizenship. I will (temporarily?) lose my vote but it hasn't counted in memory. I will not be able to legally possess firearms. I'll practice with a machette instead. Screw the IRS, sales taxes only and little else. I can drop my car insurance and I can get free ER care for life.

There's next to no chance of anyone ever cracking down on the new me, is there? What am I missing here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Almost all of the illegal immigrants I know (and I know dozens personally) pay taxes. They get paid by check with taxes deducted. Just so you know. McDonalds, Dunkin Donuts, etc etc do not pay employees with cash.

They also all (the ones I know) have car insurance.
Old 03-03-2007, 08:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My quest for serious conservative representation is at an end. It won't occur.

[/ QUOTE ]

Serious representation of any sort won't occur with the current system. We badly need voting reform. You might want to check out the Constitution Party though. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-03-2007, 08:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Almost all of the illegal immigrants I know (and I know dozens personally) pay taxes. They get paid by check with taxes deducted. Just so you know. McDonalds, Dunkin Donuts, etc etc do not pay employees with cash.

They also all (the ones I know) have car insurance.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know, 100% sure, I can find a job that pays str8 cash, no deductions. That's like a $1.5 multiplier.

There are obvious reasons to buy car insurance. None would apply to me as an illegal.

I suppose I should learn Spanish, lose 70 pounds and 5 inches and dye my hair black. What are my odds as an illegal 'Irish' alien. I'd get deported, wouldn't I?
Old 03-03-2007, 09:07 PM

Default WARNING

The humor in this post fails so miserably that it threatens to cancel out anything funny the reader comes across for weeks. Has this hackneyed schtick been making the rounds on right-wing talk radio or what?

PS-I still eagerly await your thoughts in this thread, although I fear the tiny amount of self-introspection required could cause your brain to implode, so be careful.