Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-2007, 08:45 PM

Default $5.50-6 Max, loose passive villain

Villain was very loose, playing what seemed like nearly every hand.
Lots of limping and minraises.
Loved to minraise ragged boards and was able to find the fold button if reraised, especially postflop.
When called postflop, he would check it down if given the opportunity, and showed some very questionable hands when that happened.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Tournament
Blinds: t50/t100
4 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: t885
Hero: t1800
SB: t3095
BB: t3220

Pre-flop: (4 players) Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to t350</font>, SB folds, BB calls t250 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t500)</font>.

Flop: (t750) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets t200</font>, Hero calls t200 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t950)</font>.

Turn: (t1150) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets t250</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises all-in t1250</font>, BB calls t1000 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t2650)</font>.

River: (t3650) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: t3650)

Results:
Final pot: t3650

Comments on all streets appreciated and welcomed.
Old 03-03-2007, 09:09 PM

Default Re: $5.50-6 Max, loose passive villain

Preflop: 250-300 to go. No need to make it 3.5x BB here.

Flop: As played, calling the small bet is fine getting 4.75 to 1 on the call.

Turn: Just flat call. Why push here? If he was donkbetting with Kx you're way behind. I want to either hit my OESD for cheap or get to showdown cheap if I miss. If you have to fold the river, sucks to burn 40% of your stack but you still have 10x BB, you can recover.
Old 03-03-2007, 09:34 PM

PF: fold or t250
more FE on the flop.
Old 03-03-2007, 09:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop: 250-300 to go. No need to make it 3.5x BB here.

Flop: As played, calling the small bet is fine getting 4.75 to 1 on the call.

Turn: Just flat call. Why push here? If he was donkbetting with Kx you're way behind. I want to either hit my OESD for cheap or get to showdown cheap if I miss. If you have to fold the river, sucks to burn 40% of your stack but you still have 10x BB, you can recover.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm in the (possibly bad) habit of hitting the bet pot button at FT when I want to bet the pot, and it will add .5 BB's and more based on the number of players left to act. The 50t in this case seems trivial however... perhaps not?

I did feel confident that the turn push would not be called when I did it. I thought the Q would be enough of a scare card to chase him off, even with Kx.
If you played the hand your way, would you have auto folded to the (expected) minraise on the river?
Old 03-03-2007, 11:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PF: fold or t250
more FE on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, that is what I expected the criticism to be, but my play was entirely based on reads, the SB was being tight in general, and the BB was sooooo donkalicious it seemed the right time to get aggressive.
Old 03-04-2007, 12:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I did feel confident that the turn push would not be called when I did it. I thought the Q would be enough of a scare card to chase him off, even with Kx.
If you played the hand your way, would you have auto folded to the (expected) minraise on the river?

[/ QUOTE ]
The K on the river makes it less likely that he has Kx so unless he has a set or KQ you're likely ahead. Bit of a crying call though depending on how big he bets.