Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-2007, 09:10 AM

Default I was going to raise the river anyway I think

40 full live. Good image, LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSE good game. UTG seems sort of bad. Opens a little lighter than he should be in pretty much every position. UTG+1 is on complete monkey tilt. He lost a couple pots earlier when he had about 5 racks, he just rebought for $1100, which probably means he had exactly 1100 in his pocket. His ears are red and he has played EVERY hand for about 3-4 hours, most until the river as long as he's got like 1 overcard. BB is tight/not very good regular.

UTG raises, UTG+1 calls, I 3bet next in with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Incredibly it folds to the big blind who calls 2. 4 to the flop for 3 bets.

Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Check to me, I bet, BB fold, UTG c/r, UTG+1 fold. Like I said, he's not very good, and his play here honestly makes no sense at all. The way he's playing I'm fairly certain he'd cap JJ preflop here. He can definitely have AJ preflop (probably even A9s/ATo), but I'd think he'd wait for the turn? AK I'd think he caps preflop. This c/r just plain confused me, and the fact I found it so hard to believe he actually had an A lead me to want to either raise the turn or river (I was leaning toward river).

Turn: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
He bets, I consider raising now that I picked up "outs" but decide to just call, and he's betting pretty confidently now, so I'd be surprised if he had a gutshot (KhTh maybe?).

River: 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
So my poker hand rankings chart tells me that a flush beats three of a kind. However I was only behind one three of a kind anyway, and my hand ranking chart also informs me that a full house is better than a flush. He bets, I decide that if I was thinking about raising UI on the river way back on the flop that raising the river when I do actually improve can't be too bad.

This hand might not come across as well in written form as I hoped it would, because for some reason I just felt really weird throughout this entire hand past the flop.
Old 03-03-2007, 09:24 AM

Default Re: I was going to raise the river anyway I think

Hmmm, very interesting. I was going to write and just say raise and call 1 raise back but something tells me the guy might and could have a full house with an AJ. Surely any big pair over 99 would have made it 3bets preflop. He woulda reraised AK as well preflop. I guess this is one of those instances where the feel for the game comes along. What happened anyway? If you didn't raise and he showed a full-house then by all means everyone call HOWMANY god for a day or two lol. However, if he was just betting AT all the way next time you can raise him without questioning yourself if you did the correct move.
Old 03-03-2007, 09:30 AM

3 bet / 5 bet the flop, what is this? You have the NUTSSSS. Of course raise the river but the pot should be so much bigger.

-DeathDonkey
Old 03-03-2007, 12:08 PM

UTG has KK of course. There were two aces on the flop, so you can't have one.
Old 03-03-2007, 12:18 PM

utg has kj

raise your ahead at the river, as you were the entire hand

AJ LOL no way he c/r that flop
Old 03-03-2007, 05:37 PM

Location: Who wrote \'help I\'m a bug\' on my letter to grandma?

Terrible hand. The way you played reminds me of one specific bellagio/wynn regular. I'm convinced most of the joy he gets from poker comes from just calling with the best hand so he can triumphantly turn it over at showdown after you show. Please raise the flop a few times.
Old 03-03-2007, 06:36 PM

you should raise the river and fold to a 3 bet, it's very simple. also you should raise the turn because he might check-call the river with a hand he wouldve called the turn raise and the river with like KJ or QJ or whatever.

a LOT of people live NEVER cap with AKs or JJ even if they are consistently loose with their initial raises and 3 bets.
Old 03-03-2007, 06:38 PM

you shouldnt 3 bet the flop, it's more profitable to raise the turn.

oop=pound the flop
in pos=wait til the turn
Old 03-03-2007, 06:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you shouldnt 3 bet the flop, it's more profitable to raise the turn.

oop=pound the flop
in pos=wait til the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

So simple yet so many don't get it. 2 bets on the turn equals 4 bets on the flop people!
Old 03-03-2007, 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3 bet / 5 bet the flop, what is this? You have the NUTSSSS. Of course raise the river but the pot should be so much bigger.

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently when I get confused I turn into a nit.