Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2007, 04:57 PM

Default Re: 15/30 44 in the BB

if he raised...he probably had open ender straight flush draw. or even just JT or club draws. i would 3 bet to see if he hits his clubs, K or 9 on the river. i like the play here.
Old 03-02-2007, 05:04 PM

Default Re: RESULTS

preflop and flop are debatable... turn is not so good... there are better boards to go after... though maybe not as big of a pot..

turn is pretty expensive since you're either crushed or he's drawing anywhere from 5 to a million outs.. calling sucks though so you're left with either folding or raising... and given your choices, i don't necessarily blame you for going after it... you can't have a perfect hand in these spots all the time since getting in a heads up pot on the turn in a somewhat big pot is rare... you recognized a leak in your opponent and you're giving your opponent an opportunity to keep making the same mistake.... that said, you're getting looked up a huge majority of the time and you won't improve nearly enough to offset those times you don't get them to fold...

you were probably good anyway if he chucked the river after he missed his draw...
Old 03-02-2007, 06:02 PM

So I played bad.... But I got there. So shove it. CAN"T YOU SEE HOW GOOD I AM AT TEH LIMIT!!!!
Old 03-02-2007, 08:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like this part:

[ QUOTE ]
Villian in this hand is not the reason the game is great.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LMFAO!
Old 03-02-2007, 08:46 PM

Preflop is fine. Yikes after that.
Old 03-03-2007, 12:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I'll post my thoughts later.

[/ QUOTE ]

why?
Old 03-03-2007, 08:59 AM

Preflop - I'll raise it here once in awhile with any pair as long as theres a good amount of people in. I mean more than 5 players in.

Flop - This might be a leak on my game but I'm probably betting out.

Turn - I do agree folding in this spot. Unless I know what type of player I am playing against and what type of moves he's capable of doing it's tough to make a 3bet on the turn with just 44s. Its true what you said, he probably raised to see if you were going to fold with the K on the turn. If he has a flush draw with two overs he's making a play to win the pot right there. Problem is that if all he has is a draw you're not going to make any more money from him on the river anyway so theres no point raising, risking the possibility of getting 4bet on the turn. Personally, I rather just call his raise and hopes that he fires again on the river(non-club), this way you'll get some type of information from him in the future.
Old 03-03-2007, 11:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont raise the 44 in this spot, you need to set up against a field like this to met your hand good. I fold to villans raise on turn with ease, YHING and your drawing to the set...

[/ QUOTE ]