Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2007, 11:50 PM

Default Re: big turn decision, 10-20 FT

Yeah limping is fine. I would probably raise it if there was only one limper.
Old 03-02-2007, 12:42 AM

ur only options are to call and re-evaluate river or repot as far as im concerned, i wish u potted it preflop so u could rep AAA but u have a very strong hand with mad redraws so as played i prob repot and hope for the best...whether thats best line or not i dunno...results?
Old 03-02-2007, 03:21 AM

Default results

he had j-j-10-10 with a jack high flush draw, so he turned a set of tens and i was in pretty bad shape having several of my outs dead.

i didn't get there on the river, and it had been a really really diastrous day for me, several huge nut hands cracked, etc, so naturally i let my self discipline dissapear and i reared back and punched my laptop screen and broke my vaio.

i hate tilt.
Old 03-02-2007, 03:37 AM

Default Re: results

Buy a new one. I just got my new Sony SZ. and it's beautiful.
Old 03-02-2007, 05:11 AM

Freaking gross play by villain.
Old 03-02-2007, 02:11 PM

if you fold this preflop you are throwing away money.

unlucky hand, [censored] happens. get a stress toy, backlights are $$$.
Old 03-03-2007, 02:24 AM

sorry i never responded to this hand... its basically because I don't /know/ the answer. This is a sick raise and I call it unless the game is easy enough that I can find much better spots. There's so many low-end ranges of hands that you are ahread of because of your flush draw (if he has str8 + fd) that I find it hard to fold.
Old 03-03-2007, 04:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
sorry i never responded to this hand... its basically because I don't /know/ the answer. This is a sick raise and I call it unless the game is easy enough that I can find much better spots. There's so many low-end ranges of hands that you are ahread of because of your flush draw (if he has str8 + fd) that I find it hard to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree with this. Played standard- the turn is where the big decision is. When he pops that turn- your looking at a set a lot of times. Probably 75% of the time- the other 25% of the time he has some sort of straight/flush draw. But you have a hand here also. I don't think its easy to get away from and I think I call here pretty much everytime unless I was playing exceptionally solid and tight.
Old 03-03-2007, 06:21 AM

Troll, folding this hand preflop is criminal. For someone that values position so much you sure as hell don't seem to like the button much.
Old 03-03-2007, 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Freaking gross play by villain.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree.

Some very good players will play a style that, to a lightly trained observer, might appear loose and aggressive.

The difference is that they play recklessly only for the small preflop and flop betting. Once the betting gets big on the turn and river, they play a very tough game, and with superior hand reading and manipulation skills, they trick others into playing too loosely against them.

Let's examine how the money went in on this hand now that we know the cards on each street and who played 'poorly'. It highlights the main problem (to me) with the hero's hand.

Preflop Equity link
Pot is $100
Hero's equity is $15, so he's -$5.
Villain's equity is $32, so he's +$12.

Flop
Hero - 72% equity, +$188
Villain - 15% equity, -$40
Limper - 13% with a random hand (Clearly he must have something but with a broad range, it may not make sense to analyze.)

Turn - http://www.propokertools.com/simulator/s...amp;h4=&h5=
Effective stacks of $1900, so $1780 left to bet for all in. Pot should then be 1780x2 + 400 already there, we'll call it $4,000

Hero - 30% equity or $1200, putting in $1780, -$580.
Villain - 70% equity or $2800, so net +$1020.

So as played the villain looks smart to me if an opponent won't (rightfully) give him credit for a set of TT or JJ. The villain classically made a small "error" on the flop only to have his implied odds immensely paid off on the flop.

I think this also demonstrates several things.

(A2)83 is a good hand for small pots - note it was doing very well in the small pot.

It actually looks like since the villain was at least partially playing his flush draw, this is a good game to play any suited ace since IT should get paid by underflushes. This bears further analysis on how much you have to get paid and how often to play this hand.